Chapter Nineteen - uneditted

Start from the beginning

She zipped my dress up. "What's that?"

She pointed to the box Mikko gave me.

"I'm not sure."

She walked towards it and opened it. "Oh my goodness," she said once she opened it. "Is this yours?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Where'd you get it? It's beautiful."

"Mikko just gave it to me."

"Ick." She closed the box and put it down. "I hate it."

I laughed. "Whatever." I put on some low heels. "Get your shoes on; we're already late as it is."

She nodded, "Alright."

Nikki went into the room for some finishing touches. I walked over to the box and opened it. A diamond pendant necklace and matching earring rested inside. I stared at myself in the mirror for a moment contemplating whether or not to wear it.

"Just put it on." Nikki's voice floated in from the adjoining bathroom.

I smiled and put the jewelry on. Before leaving, I shoved my enchanted necklace down the front of my dress, just in case I needed help tonight.

We were at Finn's house thirty minutes later.

There were a lot of people there when we walked in. Everyone was dressed very nicely, almost formally. Nikki and I almost looked underdressed.

Nikki took my hand. "This way."

I nodded and followed her through the people. She let go of my hand when she ran to Michael. Their two days apart must have been excruciating. Then I saw my dad. I couldn't help but smile. He met me halfway with a big hug.

He put his hand on my belly. "How's number four?"

I smiled. "Good."

"So, is this it before you change? Or are you planning more?"

I shook my head. "This is it. Definitely."

He nodded and kissed my forehead. "Good."

"I didn't know you guys were coming."

"Finn invited the whole pack. Most of us came." He said with a smile

I was so happy he was there.

JJ came bouncing up to the two of us. "Emily! There you are!" He looked at my father and shook his hand. "George, nice to see you again."

Dad nodded his head once. "Likewise Jeremy. Congratulations on your quick rise within your new pack."

JJ's smile widened.

Nikki and Mike came over, hand in hand, and exchanged greetings with JJ. Mike seemed to try to distract JJ away from talking to me.

I looked over at Nikki suspiciously. She just shrugged when we made eye contact. I had a feeling it was something that we would talk about later instead of in a room full of werewolves with super human hearing.

Though Mike's job at distracting failed when music started playing. JJ's hand extended towards me.

"Come dance with me." JJ's smile was contagious.

I put a hand on my growing belly. "I can't really dance with this."

He shook his head and grabbed the hand. "That's just an excuse. You are perfectly able to dance."

"I'm out of practice. I'll just embarrass myself."

He smirked. "No one ever looks like a bad dancer when they're dancing with me."

Nikki bumped my hip. "Go dance. You need to have some fun."

I sighed and nodded. "Go gently. Doc told me to take it easy."

"Then I shall go easy on you."

Luckily it had just changed to a slow song. Even with the belly, JJ made sure we were close together. I rested my head near his chin and took a deep breath. I close my eyes. This reminded me of when JJ and I were together, which led to me wondering how life would've ended up if I stayed with JJ when he moved.

"What are you thinking about so hard?" He whispered in my ear.

"Of when we were together." There was no point in lying to a werewolf, especially when there was practically no distance between us.

"Oh really? Does that put a smile on your face?"

I was smiling when I looked up at him. "Well I defiantly don't remember us having very many disagreements."

He nodded. "Because everything I said was right."

I rolled my eyes. "Right," I said sarcastically. "Ever wonder what would've happened if I went with you?"

He shrugged. "Not until a few years ago, but it's all water under the bridge now, right?"

I nodded. "Of course, but I still can't help but wonder."

I felt Mikko accessing the bond and tried to not make things worse. I didn't want Mikko to think that I wanted to be with JJ. That would just be drama and I needed less of that in my life.

The bond was suddenly pinched tightly off, which hurt slightly.

I glanced over at Mikko just to see him glaring at Finn who was ignoring him and carrying on his conversation with JJ's alpha, Alpha Russo.

Finn had cut him off from the bond just to irk him.

JJ kept me busy most of the night, introducing me to members of his pack, keeping me close and away from Mikko.