Chapter 2

I awoke to a soft light streaming through the window. I stretched out my stiffness and got up to go check my phone. It was 7:30 in the morning. I yawned and was about to put my phone back in my bag, when it started to ring.

"Hello?"

"Jas, it's Eric, why didn't you and soph turn up to the meeting?" Oh shit I forgot to inform them about our 'situation.'

"It's... Eric, did Lexi tell you about what event Sophia and I were assigned?"

"Yeah she did... Oh god it didn't...."

"Yep, it happened. Listen, sorry we didn't tell you sooner, it kind of took soph and I while to explain why we were randomly in there bathroom while they were having sex on the other side of the door..." He chuckled and I could also hear the laughter of Daniel and Ashton in the background. Damn I was in speakerphone.

"That's ok. Oh, Lexi wants to speak to you."

"Hey Jas, is Sophia with you?"

"Yeah," I looked over to find her still fast asleep in what looked like an extremely uncomfortable position. "But she's asleep, so what did you want to talk to me about?"

"Ok, well, I know that you two must be freaking out a little," I scoffed. "Ok, a lot. So I just wanted to remind you that you will be able to reach books from the knowledge base so you can study, there isn't that much but there is a few sections on male pregnancy according to when it has happened before and also some magic tips to make sure whoever gets pregnant doesn't... You know. Speaking of which, who is pregnant?"

"We haven't figured that out yet so we are just gonna have to wait until the symptoms come up. It's ok though, it gives us a few weeks to study and stuff so."

"Alright, well you know how to reach me if you guys need anything, and please call, you two have left me with these three all alone." I could hear her pout through the phone.

Usually when people hear about immortals, they think of old people who are overly mature and are basically emotionless. This is stupid. We can be mature when we have to be, but we are only in our early 20's, (even though we have been in our 20's for a few hundred years) and we have lots of emotions... We're just really good at making it look like we don't.

"Of course we will call, we'll even try and visit because we would never want to leave you alone with the boys for a whole year, you might go insane." We chuckled.

"You better. I'll leave you to get on with it then, talk to you later!"

"Bye!"

I hung up the phone and stuffed it back into my bag. I walked over to Soph and shook her.

"Wake up, we have stuff to do!" She mumbled something along the line of 'piss of I'm sleeping' and lazily flipped me off. I chuckled, obviously not a morning person. "Ok fine, just be awake enough to study when I get back then!" I called as I walked out and headed for the kitchen.

"Morning Niall." I said, when I saw him behind the open fridge door. I must have scared him though, because as soon as he heard me, he jumped and hit the back of his head against the roof of the fridge.

"Ow shit!" He said while rubbing the back of his head.

"Oops, sorry I didn't mean to scare you." I chuckled. He mumbled something, that I chose to ignore, while he bent down to get eggs and bacon out of the fridge. Ah, so that's why he is up so early, I thought.

"Here," I said, getting a ice pack out of the freezer and wrapping it up in a cloth so it wasn't too cold. "Go sit on the couch and put this on your head while I cool breakfast, ok?" I took the food out of his hand and replaced it with the ice pack. He didn't complain.