01

Chapter song-

Radioactive (cover) by Madilyn Bailey

One punch and then another. That was followed by more punches. Only it was Amara who was throwing them at her friend Lincoln who did not take it easy on her. Lincoln punched Amara in the stomach and she groaned before twisting his arm around his back and holding a knife to his throat.

"Not bad." Lincoln said before he flipped her over his shoulder and she fell to the ground with a thud while Lincoln held a fist to her face. "She had me, but she was too aggressive." Lincoln said to the people who stood around watching.

"Whatever you say." Amara said as she put a shirt over her body since she was only training in pants and a bra.

"Quitting so soon?" Lincoln teased which made the others chuckle slightly.

"Mapping run. Sector seven. Raven wants me there." Amara reached into her bag and pulled out a guardsman's jacket and tossed it to Lincoln. "The council wants you to have that."

"I'm Trikru." Lincoln said as she gulped sharply.

"A uniform doesn't change that. This is our home now, Lincoln. We fought for it. Too many of our friends died for it." Amara said as she pat Lincoln's shoulder and walked to Harper who was holding onto Ella.

Amara smiled and then the kids went to fight in pairs. The brunette walked back over to her bag and slung it over her shoulder as Lincoln walked over.

"Sector seven? That puts you right at the Ice Nation border." Lincoln said quietly as he placed his finger in Ella's hand.

"I know. Azgeda doesn't stand a chance against me thanks to you, Lincoln." Amara joked, but Lincoln still remained serious.

"Just because Azgeda is part of the Commander's coalition doesn't mean they respect the ceasefire. I should be on the scout." Lincoln said anxiously.

"Me too. You know we can't until the kill order on you is no longer at play, you're more trouble than you're worth. Goodbye, Lincoln." Amara said as she walked off with her child in her arms.

Amara walked down the halls receiving looks from others, but she shrugged it off. She then reached Abby's room so she could give her Ella. Abby was asleep, but woke when Amara walked in.

"Amara, hey." Abby said as she lifted her head and stood up and walked over and took Ella out of her arms. "Need me to watch her?"

"Please. She was fed before training, but she might get hungry again soon." Amara said as she placed down the bag full of the baby's stuff.

"Where are you going?" Abby asked as she carefully rocked and bounced Ella.

"Somewhere." Amara replied with a shrug of her shoulders.