Chapter Three

{Oliver P.O.V.}

    "Oww!" I lifted my head off the floor in pain. I turned my head to see Grace lying on the floor as well.

    "How did you get here!?" I turned around to see an older woman standing in the entrance of the library. She had long graying brown hair and crystal blue eyes similar to mine. "Humans aren't supposed to be able to pass through the gate."

    "We followed a demon here, we were looking to learn about our powers." I spoke. A look of shock crossed the woman's face.

    "You have powers?" She asked. "That would explain why you would be able to cross over."

    "Quick question, friend or foe?" I asked.

    "Friend, I think, you said you want to learn about your powers, I can help." She waved her hand and Grace sat up.

    "Did something happen?" Grace asked.

    "Yes, but I'm afraid we don't have much time before they find out that you two are both her, so if I am to give you the knowledge you seek, you must follow me!" The woman turned around and began to walk swiftly towards the stairs.

    'Let's go!' I thought, we both got up and jogged to catch up with her.

    "My name is Exo, may I ask what you two call yourselves?" Exo spoke as we approached the top of the stairs.

    "I'm Oliver and she's Grace." I spoke.

    "Révéler!" Exo waved her hand in front of an empty wall and a door appeared. "They shouldn't be able to sense your presence in here."

    "Who's they?" Grace asked sitting down at the table in the middle of the room.

    "The head demons, they don't like humans,"

    "Is that why demons are constantly attacking our world?" I asked.

    "Yes, but let me explain in a little more detail the story of why:

    A very long time ago mages, or magical creatures lived amongst humans, in your world, but there was constant war between us because demons are very hot headed. Both humans and mages want the chaos to come to an end so two leaders came together and made a plan to bring peace. A fairy went as representative of the mages and Augustus Caesar as representative for the humans, they decided together to create a separate world where the mages would live and that humans could not access. We've lived here ever since but about two years ago there was a shift in rulers. Demons never believed the story of why we lived in a separate world, and they always held a grudge against humans and the human world. So two years ago they took over the capital and seized control of the door between the worlds and began to send demon troops through to attack the humans, but very rarely they returned which only fueled the anger towards humans. Extreme frustration began to rise within the demons and any mage that spoke out against them was killed, most mages that aren't demon are in hiding now, waiting for this reign of terror to end."

"I'm confused, French is clearly the language of mages but, French was not created until after the Roman Empire fell." I asked.

"Well, mages first created French as a way to channel their magic, many humans, particularly the ones in Gaul took a liking to the language and took it as their own once the Romans fell."

"This is all very interesting, but how does this help us learn about our powers?" Grace asked.

"Certain French commands can channel your magic, watch," Exo held out her hand and said, "Feu." A ball of fire ignited in the palm of her hand.