37: you forgot your phone

Y/n POV
________________________________

"I'm so sorry," dad whispered as he hugged Austin, Mark, and me close to him.

Lucy had just got arrested for child abuse and drugs. Lucy was finally gone and it was just us four. Mark was staying with us because he had nowhere else to go. You could tell Mark was relieved she was gone but also upset.

"I'm so sorry I didn't believe you," dad apologizes.

"Dad, its alright. Can you let me go now? I cant breathe."

"Yeah, sorry."

Dad let Mark and me go but still held the shaking Austin. There was a knock on the door. Dad handed Austin over to me and opened the door. I couldn't see who it was but dad soon turned around.

"Y/n. Its for you."

Mark took Austin and I walked over to the door. A bright green haired dork was standing there awkwardly as a smile slowly grew on his face when he saw me.

"Uh, you forgot your phone," he mumbles.

"Oh, thanks." I smile as I grab my phone.

"Is everything ok? The police kinda just pulled out of your driveway."

"Yeah. Dad found out about Lucy and called the police."

"So Lucy is gone?"

"Yep." I smile up at him. He smiles back and gives me a quick hug. When he steps back I send him a confused look.

"Thats it? Dude, that was only like a second."

"I'm scared of your dad. I don't want him to beat my face in," Jack chuckles.

"Awe c'mon. He's harmless." I look back at my dad to see him leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. I look back at Jack. "Sometimes."

"Wow, thanks for making me feel better."

I laugh and answer.

"Alright, well you should probably go before your parents start looking for you. Call me when you get back."

"Alright, bye."

"Bye."

I shut the door and dad smirks.

"What was that?" He asks, unfolding his arms.

"It was a human named Jack," I answer.

"Why was he here?"

"To give me my phone," I held up the small box.

"So you were with him?"

"Yeah, we were hanging out today."

"Hanging out? I thought you two said it was a date," Mark said, smirking.

"Wow, thanks Mark."

"Anytime."

"So you and Jack are together?" Dad asks, his smirk getting bigger.

"Lucy just got arrested, and this is what we're focusing on?" I ask.

"Don't change the subject," dad says, "are you two together, yes or no?"

"Fine, yes."

"Really?"

"Yeah," I mumbled.

"Well he has my approval. He's sweet."
__________________________________

Boom! Thats the end of the book! . . . Just kidding! I still some things planned for this thing. Sorry for the short chapter . . . again . . . I just wasn't sure what else should've happened. Alright, well, I'll see all you dudes . . . IN THE NEXT CHAPTER! *cool dubstep music*
___________________________________

✔ E d i t e d ✔