Excerpt: Fall For Me

Start from the beginning

Yasmin knew that her cousin had a point. But she simply couldn't let it go. Her pride wouldn't allow it. She'd been expecting to come across people she couldn't please when she became an adult. Not as a teenager.

When she didn't reply, Bea went on. "Ignore him, that's the best advice I can give, Yas. When he comes up to you for a chitchat, be the bigger person and walk away."

She made a noncommittal noise in her throat. Yasmin couldn't tell her cousin that Igo never approached her or anybody for that matter. It was she who kept striking up conversations with him. Thinking that doing so would eventually make him treat her better. Only it didn't. She'd brought this on herself but was just too proud to admit it.

"Why are you so high-strung about him anyway? Is he like the cutest guy at your school?"

She didn't mean to snort. "No. But he's probably the hardest to figure out, the hardest to talk to." And the most hardworking, a small part of her brain defended and for once, she agreed. From her favorite spot in her room, she could see Igo helping out at his family's bakery every day. It was just school and bakery for him. Nothing in between.

"The smartest then? Like cute nerd?"

"I don't think so either," she mumbled, recalling that she had not seen his name in the top twenty of their batch.

"Ah, the player! He's definitely one of the varsity players then!"

"Err, no. I doubt if he even plays basketball."

"Huh." She could hear confusion in Bea's voice. "This Igo doesn't sound interesting to me other than the fact that he's got the personality of a porcupine."

She had to laugh. It was so spot-on. "I know, right?" Yasmin sighed as she lifted her legs and leaned backward, allowing the water to carry her weight and she floated. The stars were out that evening, which made everything peaceful and beautiful—a perfect escapade to beat the summer heat.

"Then why are you so interested in him?"

The question caught her off guard and she sank, inhaling pool water in the process. She coughed hard, and like any good relative and friend, Bea just laughed at her. When she got her bearings together, she had to stress that "I'm not interested in him. That's ridiculous, B."

"But you keep talking about him. It's a sign—"

"B, stop it. Clearly, your watching anime stuff is getting to your brain," she berated her. "I just want to know why he doesn't seem affected by me."

"I don't like the sound of that, Yas."

"The sound of what?" She smirked and glanced at her cousin whose eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"Are you planning on making him fall for you?"

"Of course not! I'm not that desperate. He's just one guy," Yasmin defended, shrugging her shoulders. There were many other guys who'd drop everything to be at her beck and call. Igo was just an aberration to the natural order of her world she couldn't ignore.

"Call me an anime addict, but I've seen a series where the protagonist plans to make the love interest fall in love with her and she ends up falling for him instead." Bea shook her head. "If you're planning the same thing, you're setting yourself up to failure and heartbreak, Yasmin."

She rolled her eyes. "I'm not going to make him fall for me, okay?"

===================

If you want to buy a copy of the ebook, click on the external link.

For print copies, leave a comment or send me a message.

Actual copy of the book

Actual copy of the book. Minions for scale only
Pages: 340

===============================================================================

Summer Feels: A Romanceclass Anthology

Blurb:

Summer loving happens so fast, as you'll find with Summer Feels, an anthology of 23 stories of love under the summer sun by #romanceclass authors. Savor the candied thrill of firsts—first loves, first kisses, first solo vacations—and the bittersweet triumph of second chances. Tour the Philippines as the stories take you to mountain retreats and island paradises. Let the magic of the hot sun, clear blue skies, and lots of love take you on a roller coaster ride of feels. With stories ranging from sweet to sexy, there's sure to be something for any fan of romance.

Featuring stories by:

Elea Andrea Almazora • Erleen Alvarez • Ella Banta • Rachelle Belaro • H. Bentham • Halina Cabrera • Charlie Dio • Mina V. Esguerra • Elizabeth Galit • Georgette S. Gonzales • Ami Granada • Irene Jurado • Catherine Lo • Arlene Manocot • Bianca Mori • Eris Peñaluna • Farrah F. Polestico • Kit Salazar • Miel Salva • Fay Sebastian • Kate Sebastian • Yeyet Soriano • Marian Tee