Chapter one

Emry sighed as she stood in front of her mirror. Her long blonde hair hanging down her back in thick waves. Her grey-blue eyes are bright with excitement. Today was her first day of school. She has just recently moved to a small town called Willows Cove. Emry used to live here with her mother and father. But moved away when she was ten because her father got a new job. But now at sixteen she and her mother decided to move back due to.. Unforeseen reasons. she sighed and shook the thought away. "School. Focus on school," She mumbled 
She ran her hands down her blue dress. The ruffles fluffy out slightly. She fixed the gold belt that was around her waist. "Cute," she said smiling 

"Emry! Come on!" Her mother called from downstairs.
"Okay! Okay! I'm coming!" She yelled back as she grabbed her bag and phone.
She glanced around her room one last time to see if she had forgotten anything.
"Ooh!" She gasped as she ran to her dresser and grabbed her necklace that her grandmother gave her before she died. It was a silver locket that is stuck shut. She slipped it on and smiled at her self in the mirror.

She then ran down the stairs to meet her mother. "Hey, Mama. Good morning" She said sitting next to her at the table. "You almost ready to go?" Her mother asked looking up from her phone.
Emry nodded. "Yup," she says smiling.
"Okay. Let's go then." Her mother said standing up. She grabbed her work bag. At this moment Emry noticed her mother was wearing scrubs. "Your starting work today? I thought you didn't start until Wednesday." She said looking at her mother.
"There was a pile-up and the hospital is short-staffed. I offered to work. But I need to hurry so let's go." Emry nodded and got in the car.
Her mother was a nurse. She had wanted to be a doctor but then she got pregnant with Emry and had to stop going to classes. So she just became a nurse.

As she sat in the car she remembered her first day of first grade. 

~~Flashback~~

"Mama! I don't want to go to school!" Emry cried holding her mother's leg "Daddy! Please don't make me go!" she begged to look over at her father who stood next to her mother.

Her father smiled sadly. "you will be okay baby. I promise. don't you want to make friends and get smart?" he asked petting her hair, Emry nodded "But what if the other kids don't like me?" she asked her eyes wide with fear

Her mother wiped away her tears "everyone will love you." she said smiling "How could they not?" she asked Emry "Come on Emmy! Let's go make friends!" her neighbor Roslyn said holding out her hand. "okay Rozzy," Emry said letting go of her mother "Bye Mama, Bye Daddy." she said as she walked away hand in hand with Roslyn. the two girls were only a week apart in age. Their mothers had been in the hospital with them at the same time and even shared a hospital room. so they had literally known each other since birth.  

Emry's mothers' voice snapped her out of her memories and back to reality. "Emry, did you hear me?" her mother asked "oh sorry. what's up?' she asked "I said we are here." she replied looking out the window. After a ten minute drive, they arrived at the high school. "You ready?" Her mother asked stopping the car. Emry just nodded "do you think my old friends will remember me?" She asked staring blankly at the school.

"Of course they will. You were friends for years. I doubt they have forgotten you." Her mother said smiling "now get out of my car. I'll pick you up at four." Emry laughed and got out and walked towards the school.

As Emry walked towards the school she found herself thinking of the first day of first grade again. 

~~Flashback~~