Put That On My Heartbeat: Part O n e

Start from the beginning

Once we arrived, there were a few security guards there to assist us. We walked down to a small luau type of scene. I smiled at the candles that lit up around the small hut. There were flowers everywhere, especially hibiscus. Jacob knew those were one of my favorites. We sat down and immediately drinks were brought out.

"Boy do you not see this baby in my stomach?" I laughed watching him hand me a glass.

"A smoothie baby. I know you can't drink." he assured as I took the straw to my mouth. The virgin strawberry daiquiri was satisfying enough.

"Mmm, well thank you." I smiled watching him do the same. I couldn't help but smile at the way Jacob made me feel. I missed my baby.

"So, I figure now you're ready to talk." he asked as we continued sipping and looking to each other. I nodded.

"Yeah, so how long do you plan on being here anyway?" I asked.

"Well, Kaleb has to go back to school Monday. So we'll probably leave tomorrow." I felt my heart drop to my stomach.

"Thats so soon. Today is Friday, why not Sunday?" I asked. He shrugged.

"I figured you were tired of me. Plus its been a week." Jacob stated like it was nothing.

"You don't have to feel like that. I partially feel like its my fault we're not together. My hormones, and my emotions are just crazy right now...I don't know what I want Jacob." I placed my hand up to my face in shame.

"And I understand that...but I wanna be here for my family. I'm not giving up on us."

"Its not fair to you. I've forgiven you, Alix and everyone else...but now I'm doing this to you." I held out my hand and he grabbed onto it lacing his fingers with mine.

"Nobody else can change how you feel, but Morgan its all up to you. I'll give you your space...even until the baby comes." that made me blush before smiling in acceptance. Jacob actually wanted to wait for me.

"Okay. I love you, and I always will." he leaned over the table kissing my lips before stroking my cheek with his thumb and looking to me.

"I love you more." our food had finally arrived as we enjoyed an intimate moment. I liked the thought that Jacob put into this dinner. It got us relaxed while we talked. A woman walked over to me to give me a beautiful yellow lei. I smiled taking it from her.

"Thank you so much." I smiled while Jacob took a picture of me. Times like these were what I missed the most. "What is this Jacob?" I asked bringing the food to my mouth. It was some type of chicken and shrimp.

"Ah thats coconut shrimp, and thats buttermilk chicken. Its real good. Trust me." I smiled at his comment and went right to it.

"Don't have to tell me twice." I laughed chewing my food. The sound of the waves crashing against the shore was beyond calming. A sweet melody.

I closed my eyes briefly and inhaled. Jacob and I hadn't seen each other in so long, and I was just happy that he was even here. We ate the rest of our food before getting up to go for a walk. This was always our way to say whatever was on our minds.

"Have you thought of any names?" Jacob asked randomly while we walked near the water. I felt the water splash against my ankles as we trudged.

"Not really. Have you?" I looked up to him watching him shake his head looking to me.

"I guess we'll figure out when she gets here. Isn't that right baby girl?" he asked bringing us closer together looking down to my stomach.

"Yeah." the silence was killing me, but I was at ease with the assurance that we had talked things out. For our family's sake. "Jacob can you sing to me? If thats the last thing you do? Please."