Chapter 6

Queenie and Jacob have been getting on famously.

Tina eats in silence, probably scheming her next move in the mess she was in.

Newt's case pops open. He leans down and pushes it shut, stealing a glance at Felicity when he straighted up.

"The job ain't that glamorous. I mean, I spend most days making coffee, unjinxing the john... Tina's the career girl. Fliss too"

Reading his mind, Queenie answers Jacob.

"Nah. We're orphans. Ma and Pa died of dragon pox when we were kids. Aww... you're sweet but we got each other and then couple of years ago we added Miss Felicity Flowry to the family" Queenie beamed.

"Could you stop reading my mind for a second? Don't get me wrong - I love it!" Jacob says, making Queenie giggle.

"This meal - it's insanely good! This is what I do - I'm a cook and this is, like, the best meal I've ever had in my life" He tells her.

"Oh you slay me! I ain't never really talking to a No-Maj before." Queenie laughed causing Fliss to look down.

"Really?"

Newt, Tina and Fliss sit uncomfortably in silence as the two speak.

"I am not flirting!" Queenie snapped at Tina.

"You are" Felicity mumbles.

"I am not-"

"I'm just saying - don't get too attached, he's gonna have to be Obliviated" Tina tells her.

"She means that in the nicest possible way" Felicity tells Jacob.

"Yeah, it's nothing personal" Tina tells him.

"Oh, hey, you okay, honey?" Queenie asked a now pale and sweaty Jacob.

Newt briskly gets up and stands behind his chair.

"Miss Goldstein, I think Me Kowalski could do with an early night. And besides, you and I will need to be up early tomorrow morning to find my Niffler so-"

"What's a Niffler?" Queenie asks Tina.

"Don't ask. Okay, you guys can bunk in here" Tina moves towards a back room.

--

"Evening Queenie" Felicity says, entering the room.

"Hey honey"

"Where's Tina?" Felicity asks Queenie who is busy polishing a blue pair of heels.

"Oh, she just took some cocoa in for the boys" she tells her, not moving from her spot.

"Alright, well I'm going to see if they need anything before I go to bed" she tells the blonde.

"Okay, sweetie. Night night!"

"Night"

Fliss leaves the room and heads to the one belonging to the two men for the night.

"Hey, Mr Scamander-" Felicity hears Jacob before she see's Tina; standing with a tray. "- Look, cocoa!" He attempts to get his attention but Newt remains turned over in the bed.

"The toilet's down the hall to the right" Tina says irritated.

"Thanks..." Jacob says quietly.

"Well I'll just go then" Tina mutters, offended almost.

"Everything okay?" Fliss asks Tina. At the sound of her voice Newt turns over and sits up.

"Actually- erm. I was wondering- When can- when can I leave here ?" The two girls look at each other. "That came out wrong, it's not that I don't appreciate the hospitality​"

"Well, that's up to Tina, Tee?-" but Tina was gone. Clearly upset or offended by the whole ordeal. "I'll ask for you later. See you in the morning then-"

"Actually- I want to show you something"

Newt stands up and walks towards his case. He opens the lid and walks down inside. Newt's hand appears from the case, beckoning imperiously to Felicity and Jacob.

"Come on" he shouts up.

"For the love of..."

Jacob rallies himself, gets out of the bed and enters the case. He suddenly disappears, Felicity stands watching.

Newt reappears pulling himself still he's standing half in, half out of the case.

"Are you coming?"

"Where?"

"In here?"

"What exactly is in there?"

"Trust me-" He asks, offering his hand to her. "-please?"

Reluctent, she takes it, stepping in to the world of Newt Scamander.