Chapter 13

I'll Catch You

A long black metallic corridor leads into a purple white cell, which consists of a chair suspended magically over a square pool of rippling potion.

Tina pleads with one of the executioners whilst Fliss is lead to the edge of the pool as she tries not to panic.

The smiling executioner raises a wand and carefully extracts Felicity's happy memories which are cast into the pool and come alive with a scene from Felicity's life.

"Felicity?"

She see's him.

Of course, who else would it be?

"Come on Fliss. This is the only way we can be together" he beacons.

"Don't that look good? You wanna get huh?" The executioner puts a hand on her arm.

"Don't touch her" Newt almost growls but it doesn't break Felicity from her trance, she continues to stare down, allowing the executioner to lead her to the chair.

Newt only notices Pickett when he feels his shackles have loosened on one hand.

The second executioner heads over to Newt.

"Okay, let's get the good stuff out of you-"

The executioner raises her wand to Newt's forehead. He seizes his opportunity he jumps backwards out of the way before revealing the Swooping Evil, which he throws forwards towards the pool.

He then swiftly turns and punches the guard, knocking him out cold.

The Swooping Evil he introduced Fliss and Jacob to has now expanded into a gigantic spooky but weirdly beautiful butterfly-esque reptile with skeletal wings. It continues to circle round and round the pool.

Pickett clambers onto the executioner's arm and bites, startling and distracting her, giving Newt time to grab her arms and take aim with her wand. A spell fire, hitting the other execution, who drops to the floor, her wand falling into the pool. As it falls, the liquid rises up in viscous black bubbles, instantly engulfing the wand.

Tina takes this as a distraction and elbows her executioner in the face, causing her to let go. She then turns around and pushes her causing her to fall into the wall. The now unconscious woman slides down the wall.

In reaction, Felicity's memories turn from good to bad.

"You can't! You can't, please!"

"It's the law. He must be Oblivia-"

"I said no"

"That isn't your choice, Flowry"

Newt watches the memory unfold but upon seeing the effect of has on Fliss, he springs into action.

"Tina, I need you to go and see if you can find our wands and my case" Newt tells her, still looking at Fliss.

"Wh-"

"Now! -please"

Tina runs out of the room just as Felicity snaps out if her reverie.

"N-NEWT!"

The liquid is now a black bubbling death potion. It rises up, surrounding Fliss on her chair. She stands up to get away from the rising death.

"Don't panic!"

"Oh Fantastic advise, Scamander!"

Her out-of-character tone makes Newt smile slightly.

Newt makes a strange tutting sound to command Swooping Evil to circle the pool.

"Jump..."

"You're insane. A bloody insane man with a breifcase​!" Felicity shouts, panicked.

"Lucky I don't have my case with me then! Jump on him!"

Felicity eyes the creature.

"Felicity, listen to me. I'll catch you, Fliss" they make eye contact for a
Moment. The liquid gets higher and she's losing sight of Newt.

"I'll catch you. I've got you, Fliss"

She stares at him before swallowing thickly.

"Go!"

"Ahh!"

Felicity jumps in between the waves, off Swooping Evil's back and into Newt's arms.

The two stare at each other.

Something comes over the Magizoologist.

Fliss knows it, she see's it in her raggedy man's eyes.

Without thinking the situation through because of their lack of time, Newt crashes his lips onto Felicity's.
And, to his relief, she kisses back.

This is sudden. Too sudden. But she is kissing back so- Gather your thoughts. Get your case. Save the girl. Escape. Escape!

They brake away, almost realising the situation, Newt instantly​ stuck his arm out, summoning Swooping Evil back.

"Come on"

He grabbed her hand and they run for the exit.