Prologue

The moon silently illuminate the dark night, the sound of the forest were peaceful. There at the side of the lake was a lady in a white kimono looking at the moon's reflection while her feet was dangling at the cold water. If anyone were to see the sight they will surely be mesmerize. The silence surrounding the young lady was broken when a man in his late 60's came.

"Hello Naru, its been a long time since I last saw you. My dear child how you've grown beautifully." The man said in a gruff voice due to his old age. The lady who was called Naru give the old man a bright smile and run towards the man as she gave him a hug.

"Its been a long time Hokage Jii-sama, I'm doing well just recalling some old memories." Naru said in a soft voice. Letting go of her hold to the old man as she went back to face the lake. "What brought you here Jii-sama without your guards to boot and let's not forget the fact that its currently midnight?" She continue as she went towards the lake walking at the surface of the water gracefully.

"You caught on fast, which isn't shocking anymore. You have, after all your father's intellect." The old man lighting up his pipe while he gave a one blow of smoke and give her a serious look. The look the man was giving her was not the look of his surrogate grandpa but the Hokage. She straighten up and lead the old man to her cabin to talk about the matters currently at hand.

---

A man in his mid 20's was walking his way to the Hokage tower to submit his mission report. It went well without any casualty considering the rank of the mission. It didn't take to long before fatigue catch him on. He looked at the moon shining through his window. Reminding him of what he once lost. Feeling a familiar throb in his chest aching to be near to his other half but can't. It was for her safety, for both of their safety. Three years left, all he can do is wait and stay alive and meet her with an arms wide open. Smiling to himself and whispering to the wind before he let sleep consume him.

"A little bit more Naru...a little bit more..."

---

It didn't took too long for the old man to brief her about the village and bid his goodbye to the girl in front of him. Naru looked outside her window, conflicting emotions can be seen in her eyes. As she breathe the scent of the forest before looking back at the framed photo in front of her.

A soft gentle smile form on her lips, as she let her mind wander down the memory lane.

'He was stunning, the first time I saw him I thought, 'what a cool guy'. He had a silver white hair an unusual color in the fire country, a mask hiding half of his face and those eyes that was bordering from bluish-gray to onyx. He stand out among the crowd as I kept my eyes locked at his disappearing figure. I always saw him from a far but we never really talk, I wonder once if I'll be able to talk to him, that until my father come home with him on his tail.

The first meeting went fine, the first conversation started well and I learn more about the kid that stand out among the crowd. All my first thoughts about him were immediately went to the bin. The kid I met at the house and the kid I met outside was too different. He's just a cold lonely misunderstood child that only want to be acknowledge as his own person. He may be cool and arrogant outside but he's a good child. He was an idiot too, a genius he may be, he were still a child trying too hard to be a grown up adult. Trying to shoulder the world on his small back with his head held high.

Then he grow up, I grow up. There goes the war, it left more than a physical scar that will be forever ingrained not only to your skin but deep inside the heart and soul that will take all the time needed to heal. The bond was made to heal two broken souls that saw the worlds dark side too early. As he became my pillar the same could be said for him...'

"Too much had happen, you change and I change. We were separated not by choice but by the circumstances. I always wonder how you've been but I will never know, all I can do is trust our bond and wait till we meet again..." I silently fall to the winds embrace as I look back at the full moon...

"I'm coming back my love... my silver wolf..."

------

-Rewritten-

UPDATED: 12/14/17