35-Fears

Satine walked down the aisle towards him, smiling radiantly. When she reached him he took her hand. There was hearty applause and cheers but they were cut off by the hum of a lightsaber and a cry of pain.

Anakin fell sideways with a  burned hole in his chest and faded into nothingness, revealing Maul. Padme cried out as she was cut down as well. Obi Wan reached out a hand to late and cried "NO!"

He drew Satine behind him to protect her. "Why can't you stay dead?!" He shouted at Maul. All he received as an answer was evil laughter. Maul used the Force to grab Satine by the throat and snapped her neck. As she faded all he could hear was Maul's laughter and her scream...

Obi Wan sat bolt upright in bed, drenched in sweat. He looked over at Satine who was sleeping peacefully. He lay back in relief and sighed. Only a dream. It was only a dream.

After some time he fell back to sleep.

-SW-

In the morning he went back to work. When he entered the room, Qui Gon embraced him and smiled. He pointed at Obi Wan's project and told him that it was just how he had left it. With that they both went back to work.
By the end of the day he had updated the technology and was ready for another test. He placed his palm on the pad and activated the device with the Force. The first thing he heard was Luke talking to R2-D2. Luke had inherited the droid just as he had inherited the Force from Anakin.
"I can't do it, R2. I can't go on alone." Luke said, saddened.
"Yoda will always be with you." Obi Wan said before his image loaded.
"Obi-Wan! Why didn't you tell me? You told me Vader betrayed and murdered my father." Luke questioned.
"Your father was seduced by the dark side of the Force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed. So what I told you was true, from a certain point of view." Obi Wan said, careful not to reveal what he knew.
"A certain point of view?" Luke asked incredulously.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. Anakin was a good friend. When I first knew him, your father was already a great pilot. But I was amazed how strongly the Force was with him. I took it upon myself to train him as a Jedi. I thought that I could instruct him just as well as Yoda. I was wrong." If only I had prevented what Anakin became. At least Luke manages to save him in his future, my past.
"There is still good in him." Luke protested.
Yes, there is but you cannot be confirmed. It would mean your end. "He's more machine now than man. Twisted and evil." Obi Wan reminded.
"I can't do it, Ben." Luke insisted.
"You cannot escape your destiny. You must face Darth Vader again." And save him from the Emperor's darkness.
"I can't kill my own father!" Luke cried.
"Then the Emperor has already won. You were our only hope." You MUST save him! You will save him. I know it.
"Yoda spoke of another." Luke said, more of a question.
"The other he spoke of is your twin sister." Yes, the twin you were never to know of because of the Emperor.
"But I have no sister." Luke protested.
"Mm. To protect you both from the Emperor, you were hidden from your father when you were born. The Emperor knew, as I did. If Anakin were to have any offspring, they would be a threat to him. That is the reason why your sister remains safely anonymous." said Obi Wan, nodding.
"Leia! Leia's my sister!" Luke realized.
"Your insight serves you well. Bury your feelings deep down, Luke. They do you credit, but they could be made to serve the Emperor."
With that, the conversation ended. Luke had been told what he needed to hear to prompt him into saving Anakin. It would happen. He knew for a fact. Yoda will be here soon! How will he react to our lack of Jedi Protocol? He would need to except it. It was already done and there was no going back.
Hmm. The next thing she needed to fix were what the image looked like and the quality of the connection. It would also be good if more than one person could be there at once.
It was an improvement that the connection didn't fail. He had simply ended it because the conversation needed to be ended.
Qui Gon looked at him and he nodded an affirmative. By that point it was time to return home.

A/N: should i keep writing this? Does anyone like it? Please let me know.
Turtlephant