Epilogue

True love is taking the risk that it won't be a happily-ever-after.

--------------------------------------------------------.

After 8 months

"Yaad hain woh din" Swara asked lying peacefully in Sanskaar's arms basking in warmth of their after love making.

"Kaise bhool sakta hoon?" Sanskaar squeezed her close recalling that day .

That day when Laksh rushed to him breaking the good news of Swara and baby being fine, his happiness knew no bounds but being premature baby 'diya' had complications .She was placed under observation in neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) for 24 hours which Doctors said to be critical for her survival.When Swara opened her eyes, her first question had been " Sanskaar baby kaha hain ..tumne dekha usse ?" Yes ,he had seen that tiny little form closed in glass walls of incubator, fragile, with translucent skin, and her eyelids still fused shut. Tears at verge of his eyes , from the openings in incubator  He softly whispered 'baby '...and that little form stirred slightly in response.

Sanskaar squeezed his eyes shut and stepped out to room thinking It's not going to  be easy to handle Swara, and it was not. "Kya hua hamare baby ko .. doctor ne kaha woh theek haina tho phir woh mere paas kyu nahi hain , Sanskaar .. she grabbed his shirt .."Sanskaar .. mujhe baby ko dekhna ..abhi ,.. Mujhe le chalo .. Abhi ..please.." she shook him with tears filled eyes .

 "Shona ..shona .. he took her into his arms consoling " Sssh .. Shona shant ho jao , kuch nahi hua hain baby ko .. woh theek hojayegi ..woh kya haina ..he explained her what doctor Sakshi told him ,how Premature babies are extra vulnerable and are at increased risk of complications, infection,allergens noise, and light that a baby is exposed to..hence it's important for them to be  under care. Swara looked at him with tear filled eyes "Kuch nahi hoga na usse.." Sanskaar heart withered in pain " Kuch nahi hoga hamare baby ko ..kuch nahi," he wiped tears of her cheek " ek baar dekhna hain usse mujhe ..please Sanskaar.." she squeezed his shirt hard " Please" ..Sanskaar nodded. 

Since Swara also survived a critical phase during delivery ..she was weak too but Sanskaar knew only a glimpse of the baby would put her to peace. She was placed in wheel chair and led to Care Unit .Sanskaar told her what to expect..to prepare her and it helped a bit.S wara gazed for long at little life placed in incubator . How she wanted to take her into arms and snuggle close to her heart..Her voice choked as she softly whispered baby and baby stirred again at that familiar voice. Tears spilled out of her eyes and she turned her face hiding into Sanskaar who stood next to her and those 24 hours had been the longest 24 hours of their life .

 Their little' bundle of joy' was placed in their arms only after 72 hours and it was absolutely overwhelming and emotional moment for Swara and Sanskaar...Their little miracle .A moment of immense happiness and joy and when she stared at them with those cute little eyes..they both knew ..their life is gonna change ..it's gonna be filled with new hope and more love .It was an amazing epiphany to have, combined with happy-tears.

When Swara and Sanskaar returned from hospital with baby to Shanti Nivas, It was already set for celebration.the initial months had been tiring for Swara , but with Sanskaar and her entire family by her side .. it sailed smoothly. As for sanskaar ..When he stared at Swara and baby sleeping peacefully in nights .No one could know the sense of relief he felt when he found back his slipping life ,The feeling that his shona and their baby are back in his life, safe and sound was something unexplained and no sooner Diya had become 'laadli of gadodia house'. Sujoy and Ragini would fight to hold and play with her. Ragini would turn beet root red when dadi would remark next would be her turn ..and Laksh would smile sheepishly holding her hand.

Diya would be extremely content in her nana's godh and threw tantrums when Sharmistha or Dadi reached out to her. " Bilkul tum par gayi hai."Swara smiled looking at Sanskaar who sat next to her , his hand cradling her recalling his equation with shomi and dadi " Aakhir beti kiski hain." Sanskaar smiled back.There's no denial that Diya absolutely adored her papa .Her exclusive smiles would be reserved for Sanskaar and only him. When ever he called her 'baby' ..she would break into smiles squealing with delight and she would be turn calm the minute Sanskaar took her into his arms and her first word was 'pa'.Sanskaar just broke down with tears of happiness when his princess called him 'pa' .Watching them both Swara recalled her days with her baba and felt nostalgic, Sekhar was no different . It just strengthened their father and daughter bond.

And as for Her and Sanskaar's.. It's after 8 months , they made love, but never once in those 8 months she fell short of his love .His simple touch , a loving kiss , warmth of his embrace would keep her more than content .Sanskaar had been apprehensive and didn't want to hurry and Swara absolutely understood his concerns. Only after consulting doctor and ensuring its fine ..they took the plunge. Her every apprehension of he may not find her attractive enough since she had put in little weight flew away as they made love with same passion and fervor . His words " you will be always be beautiful for me Shona .. in every way" as he kissed her, his hands as they roamed over her body  in urgent need, caressing her every curve .She quivered with pleasure under his delicate touches and blushed deep red as he whispered " I like you this way Shona ..curvy and full." That night had been most passionate night they ever had and when they joined in unison  nothing could justify the rapture of sensations that washed them over .They laid in each other arms for long content sated, calming down their ragged breaths and thumping hearts.

Swara's  hand gently smoothed over his chest " Maa ne kaha mujhse ..ki uss din hospital main tumne baby ko bachane ko kaha."she lifted her face a little to meet his eyes ..and looking into them she knew the turmoil he had been through at that point. Her hands caressed his cheek softly and pressed a soft kiss on his chin." I am proud of you Sanskaar .I would have wanted you to do the same" She said gazing into his deep dark eyes. Sanskaar softly brushed hair off her cheeks " I had no clue what would have happened , how would I survive without you ..ek pal ke liye I wanted to be selfish shona .. All I ever wanted was you.. His hand held her cheek " you are my life ..".he paused gathering his thoughts. Swara pressed his hand lightly asking him to go on 

"But I realized what our baby means to you ..to us ..aur apni zindagi ki zindagi main kaise cheen sakta hoon shona .."his voice broke a little as he continued "aur bina maa baap ke jeena kaisa hota .. I am aware of that and I would have never ever wanted that life for our daughter ..the thought I had lost you almost killed me .. but I knew I had to live for symbol of our love .. our baby and would have to give her your share of love too ..and trust me I would have ,"he waited for minute "Maine sahi kiya na Shona?."

Swara nodded through tears " Kitne badal gaye ho tum Sanskaar." she said appreciatively. She read somewhere that ,Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused. So what should one do ...nothing just love ...and let be loved.

In all these years of their friendship, love and marriage they had their own struggles, but they fought them all, lived through it and made it to this point where they are happy and so much in love .Over this journey she had learnt her lessons ,seen him grow leaps and bounds .From the bitter kid who walked into their house to someone who had been her best friend , the love of her life, her better half who overcame his own demons of hatred chose love and forgiveness...Who would believe this was same Sanskaar who few days back with no hesitation would have chosen her, but he raised above all that.. After all Her untamed.. Had become tamed.

"I love you Sanskaar," she whispered softly, found back her, sanctuary in his arms, in his warm loving embrace and in his' love you too Shona.."

-------------------

Notes and references 

quote on 'love is untamed force' - Paul Cohelo

So..so so .. we officially come to end of this tale. I would like to thank each one of you who had been part of this story .You words played a major role in keeping me going .Thanks again ..

Love

Lucky