Chapter #9

"Oh Cmon Dad .. Aap bewaja pareshaan ho rahe hain ,Sahil dismissed his dad's concern. "We are still number one in textile manufacturing business .. Just because koi chota mota company .."

"6 months main 40% market share Sahil ..."Amit Gupta passed the file to his son "Have a look at these numbers, jisko tum chota mota company bol rahe ho ..itna bhi chota nahi hain..and let me remind .. inn chote mote company se hi aaj hum itne bade bane hain .. so never underestimate anyone."

"Karma & co" Sahil read through the file quickly " Impressive numbers..." he agreed and looked at his dad " What do we do now..I mean do we take on them ..or ? "he paused waiting for his answer

Amit leaned back on his chair thinking..Take over .. nothing new for him . Every or any unit which threatened his numero uno position met with same fate.Karma's would be no different.Perhaps he should have done this earlier .Well better late than never . He leaned forward "Get a meeting fixed with them.. The sooner , the better."

Sahil nodded and left the cabin.

Amit glanced at file for long flipping pages ...He was wrong in dismissing them to be another trivial unit trying to gain its foot in market Its Rishi Sharma who had been face of Karma ,leading it or in others words acting on behalf of someone .. but who? Well it would be interesting to figure out who .. " he tapped his fingers on table " Very interesting "

------------------------------------------------------

"Guess what"... Rishi walked in with wise ass smirk " Gupta's want to meet us."

It had been 6 months ,they have started Karma & Co ,though it had been great journey so for it was not a cakewalk for them. what made it tough was to, do it undercover. Sujoy , Sanskaar and Laksh had been absolutely sure about not being revealed ,managing operations through a representative ..Rishi Sharma.

Rishi Sharma, son of Ajay Sharma a well known NRI businessman in USA and Durgaprasad Maheshwari's close friend. Ajay Sharma and Durga Prasad started their business together and had been family friends for years . While Ajay dreamt of making it big in abroad, Durgaprasad was extremely content establishing his business, in his abode- Kolkata .Though Ajay moved to states their union still continued.

Dp was on his business trip ,was alarmed by a call from Laksh about threat Amit might be posing to them , and their plan on taking on Gupta's. That's when DP thought of Rishi .Rishi has been instrumental in handling in dad's business. In one or two occasions Ajay mentioned how he wanted to Rishi to visit india and get an idea of business holdings over there and who could be better than DP to train him. KARMA needs a face for few initial months and Rishi being an unfamiliar face and name in Kolkata business circle would definitely be the required aid .When the proposal was put forth, Rishi was more than happy to accompany DP back to india.

When Rishi met the trio back in India ,he instantly hit off with them. Laksh had been familiar acquaintance, it didn't take much time for him to gel with Sujoy and Sanskaar and the trio couldn't agree more on Rishi being the best choice to be face of KARMA.

As Sanskaar had his part time job, Laksh had Maheswari business and Sujoy had Sekhar's business to hand hold , they usually met post office hours.Endless nights of brainstorming sessions went in chalking out plans and their execution was no less task .And their meetings ,what could be best place than "Shanti Nivas". Who would doubt the meeting between son in law, would be son in law and son of Sekhar Gadodia to be an business related one than a simple family union.