Chapter 12: Nightmare Of The Fallen

Cuphead's eyes felt heavy as he slowly woke up, silence was all there was as he laid his sight upon nothing but darkness. The cold air sent shivers down his spine while he got up, something was wrong and it was coming. Cuphead growled deeply under his breath as he said "What the hell is with all these dreams..... it's like they are trying to tell me something.....", rubbing his head as if something was crawling on him. Suddenly a noise appeared behind him and it sounded like a spotlight turning on, the feeling in his guts grew worse and worse thinking that something horrible was going to happen if he turned around. Looking back from being curious, Cuphead could see a light shining down onto a black puddle on the empty ground. He scratched his head in confusion while walking towards the dark ooze, kneeling down to get a closer look and the smell grew stronger. That's when he knew in a matter of seconds what it was, "Ink?.... alright what the f•ck is going on here....." Cuphead thought to himself as he scoops up a bit with his fingers. Eventually as he pulled back, a string of ink was attached to his fingers and slowly dripped down. Cuphead was disgusted and freaked out about this weird ink like substance, before he knew it a dark black figure popped out of the ink and sent him jumping back in fear. The ink creature cried out in pain and tears, it's body began to morph and crack into a familiar figure. Ink poured everywhere as the figure soon morphs into Bendy and Cuphead sat there surprised yet still terrified, Bendy began to crawl towards him and call out his name softly as the pain grew worse. His own eyes began to flood with tears seeing this happen before him and freezes up as Bendy tried to grab him for help, "C-Cuphead.... p-please.... help m-me...." he said as ink continued to pour down his face. "I-it hurts.... please..... I b-beg you.... please h-help me Cuphead....." Bendy called out softly as if his voice was disappearing, Cuphead couldn't think or move at this point until suddenly he grabbed Bendy by the head and slammed his lips against him. Bendy's body slowly turned back to normal as his eyes were closed, enjoying the sweet kiss. Cuphead pulled away to see the demon's eyes closed but soon jumped as Bendy opened his eyes, revealing empty eye sockets filled with ink and a vicious grin across his face. Jolting up Cuphead wakes up with a terrified face, his body was covered in sweat and his eyes were filled with tears. He quickly got up from the couch he was sleeping on and quietly ran up the steps to his room to see if Bendy was still alive, opening the door with a light creak he sees him fast asleep with the most innocent look on his face. Cuphead walked inside and closed the door behind him then lightly shook the adorable devil, waking him up a bit as he asked with a half asleep voice "mmmm..... w-what is it.....". His ruby eyes were only half open while he struggled to stay awake, "hey... I'm going to sleep here with you tonight, just to make sure your ok...." said Cuphead with a serious and soft voice. Bendy yawned and replied before falling asleep again "mmmmm.... ok.....", Cuphead smiled and crawled into bed with him. Wrapping his arms around his small body and hugged him tightly but not enough to squish him, eventually leaving him with a big blush across his face and kissing Bendy lightly on the cheek before drifting off to sleep once more.