14 · The Introduction of the Explanation

Start from the beginning

My stomach twisted upon hearing that. Mom was probably worried out of her mind. 

The principal's eyes landed over to Joshua before he asked, "Is it true that you participated in this conduct as well, Joshua?" 

Joshua nodded willingly, and I grew confused at how calmly he took the blame. 

Without thinking, I quickly spoke up, "Principal Walker, Joshua was just trying to help. Nothing else. He stopped them." 

Principal Walker's tone leveled down as he bought up, "I understand, Olivia, but Joshua didn't have to do so in such an aggressive manner. I'm going to have you five wait outside with your parents. I will speak with you first, Trevor." 

As the five of us stood up from our seats, I noticed how Trevor shot countless glares at Joshua, but Joshua didn't set his attention on anyone — even me. One by one, we all exited out of the principal's office. It wasn't long before we found our parents waiting for us outside the doors. The football players' parents looked ultimately angry as their sons approached their sides. 

My eyes immediately locked onto my mom's. There was a rush of guilt, knowing that she had to leave work just to come here. Mom hurried over to my side with her arms opened.  

When we reached other, she hugged me tightly. "Olivia, thank goodness you're okay."  

Relieved to be in her arms, I sighed. "Mom, I swear I'm all right." 

After reassuring Mom that I was alive and well for five minutes, she finally believed me and released me from her grasp. She smiled warmly, and her hazel eyes that were once clouded with worry had cleared up. I responded back with a grin.  

My attention involuntarily traveled to where Joshua was. A middle aged women was by his side. She had medium length blonde hair with blue eyes that were as bright as the clear sky. I assumed she was Roselle, Joshua's mother he told me about during the bus ride we shared. Her body physique was small and petite, but her hand on Joshua's arm expressed her motherly touch.  

Joshua had his back towards me, but I did manage to hear his voice even though I couldn't make out the words he was saying to his mom. His mom only nodded several times, but her expression appeared understanding. My mom then noticed my curiosity, and she briefly turned around to see what I was seriously observing.  

Breaking my gaze from the Anderson's in a haste, I focused my attention back at her.  

Mom angled her head at me. "Do you know him, Olivia?" 

I nodded. "Yeah, he's my friend." 

Never did I want Mom to meet Joshua like this.  

Changing the subject, I didn't want to do introductions right now since that wasn't the proper time. I then asked Mom if she heard from Eric or his parents. Mom soon nodded and mentioned that Eric's parents were at health clinic.  

I pleaded her to take me there. 

Mom smiled sadly and revealed, "They wanted me to take you there. Come on." 

Heading over to the clinic which wasn't so far to begin with, Mr. and Mrs. Park were standing outside the door with the school nurse. When Eric's parents noticed us coming their way, they smiled even though they appeared restless and upset.  

Mrs. Park's eyes were glassy from her tears. She walked up to me to give me a hug. I tried my best not to get emotional about the matter, but I could sense the pain Eric's parents were going through. Seeing them as my extended family, it was always evident how much they cared for their son. I didn't want any of them hurt.