No Blood No Glory

I made sure to pull out all the arrows from the dead zombies before taking off with Jessa.

Jessa and I sprinted through the forest. Her legs taking two steps for every single stride that I took. Jessa had long legs like me, but was still a couple feet shorter than me, her 6 foot sister. The cold wind that swept through the forest made goose bumps raise on my arms. Soon the mist had turned into a heavier rain and soaked through my clothes and I could feel the winter chill seeping into my bones. I need to get Jessa to shelter soon. We only sprinted for a few more minutes before arriving at a dark and sinister looking cabin. How cozy. Blood stained the outside if the door. 

"Beautiful, nothing like blood smeared on a door to welcome you home." I thought sarcastically. 

Intestines and gore liter the grassy ground. Not even raccoons will touch that 'food'. Oh sure raccoons will eat all your camping food but not dead zombies, well ok than.

A single zombie head was lying disconnected from its body with it's jaw hanging halfway off of its face, forever stuck to watch with it's lifeless eyes. It was lying directly on the path that we were running. We ran by it and I kicked at hard as I could.

It sailed over the house and if this was my normal life, I would've joked that it was a goal. I mean, if the zombie head was a soccer ball. But that's all that it was, a dead zombie head. I just kept running and tightened my grip on Jessa's hand and pulled my ax out.

The door was open and the bloody hand marks on it suggested that there were a few "guests" still inside. I pulled out a pistol from inside my pants and handed it to Jessa. She took it shakily, released my hand, and gripped it till her knuckles turned white. She is too young to be experiencing this, heck I'm to young to be experiencing this. No one deserves this crap. I turned my head to Jessa and grabbed her hands and steadied them.

 "You shoot, till they stop moving" I said and stared in her beyond frightened, brown eyes.

 I would have told her to aim for the head, but she isn't that good of a shot. it's better to be safe then sorry. She nodded her head but her usual caramel colored skin was now the shade of a pale leaf.

"Watch my back. Shoot if you see something move." I said coldly to make sure she got the point. 

It's kill or be killed, and she's starting to grasp at that fact. I didn't see if she nodded again because I turned around and we began to walk up on the paint cracking porch. Let's do this. I knocked on the door, like a bad-a and waited for the Zombies to make some noise. 

"Come my Pretties!" I wanted to cackle, but that was a bit inappropriate and quite frankly insane. It would also scare Jessa and there's no way I would add that to list of things wrong with my life.

The wood within the house began to creak, and something shattered. The cabin wasn't empty and to the zombies advantage was almost pitch black. 

"Freakin ridiculous" I muttered underneath my breath.

 Can't we ever get a break from these stupid mother freaking zombies? I kicked the door open and grilled my ax even harder. I looked strait ahead and saw what lay before us. The smell rose up and made my brown eyes water. I could feel Jessa start to shake against my back. There are three dead bodies and blood smeared everywhere. Why smeared? Why not in pools? I shook my head, need to stay focused. my gaze fell on large Bite marks and huge chunks of flesh missing from all the corpses. 

"Open your eyes." I whispered harshly to Jessa.

 I can't have us both ending up dead because of fear. Plus, this is the way this twisted world works now. A zombie with busted knees dragged it's self from under one of the corpses. I swung an easy stroke that chopped its head off with one swing. A zombie from a dark corner in the room, violently looking up with its milky white eyes and charging at me. It's bent-at-all-angles, fingers tried to grasp at Jessa while its legs carried itself towards me. Stupid zombie, doesn't even know what it wants. Two shots went off and I spun around and chopped its head off. More blood splattered on me. Fantastic.