And the winner is....

Thank you for your comments. The choice with the most votes was:

CHOICE A: Lori Seduces Rob

I considered my words carefully on the walk back to the table, crafting an invitation that was equal parts witty banter and tastefully suggestive. Then I went ahead and blurted the first thing that popped into my head.

“Do you want to have sex?”

Rob choked on his Manhattan. I gave him two good whacks on the back as he sputtered and coughed. Then I sat down and crossed my legs in a ladylike fashion, waiting for his reply. His eyes were a little red and watery from oxygen deprivation, but he still looked hot. And eager. And hot.

“I— um— wow,” Rob gasped. “I, uh—”

“It’s okay if you don’t,” I said quickly. “I mean, I’m pretty much just looking for a fling, and I thought we’ve had a good working relationship these last couple years, but if you think it’s a bad idea—”

“No! I mean, it’s a great idea. Yes. Yes, we should definitely, uh—”

“Good,” I said, standing up and grabbing my bag. “In the interest of full disclosure, I should tell you I have a can of pepper spray, a pocketknife, a set of Chinese throwing stars, and extensive self-defense training.”

Rob blinked.

“You have Chinese throwing stars in your handbag?”

“I might’ve lied about that part. But not the rest. Don’t try anything funny, okay?”

He smiled, showing off those dimples that had driven me to this point in the first place.

“Define funny.”

“Tying me to the headboard and tickling me until I pee.”

“Got it. No tickling, no peeing.”

“We’re going to get along nicely , Rob,” I said, linking my arm through his. “Lead the way.”

Rob tucked a hundred-dollar bill into the little wallet for the tab, not bothering to ask for change. He left it on the table and escorted me out of the restaurant. In the elevator, he pushed the button for the sixth floor. Then he turned to me.

“You’re sure about this?” he said. “I don’t want to rush you if you aren’t—”

 I pounced on him, twining my fingers into his dark hair as I pushed him back against the wall of the elevator. His head clunked into the mirror and his back arched weirdly on the handrail, but he kissed me back, soft and strong and just the way I liked it. His fingers found the small of my back and pressed there, and I arched my body against his. He was warm and big and hard all over. Exactly what I needed after my last experience with—

Ding! The doors whooshed open to reveal a family of four and six Japanese businessmen waiting on the other side. I stepped back, swiped at my lipstick, and offered them my best innocent look.

“Evening, gentleman,” Rob said, taking my hand as he led me past the businessmen.

“Sir, ma’am, kids. Have a lovely time.”

I resisted the urge to giggle as Rob pulled me past them all, then into his arms. He kissed me again, right there in the hallway, then pulled back.

“God, Lori— you’re hot. Can I tell you that I’ve thought about this for a while?”

“You have?” He nodded, fumbling in his pocket for his room key. “I know we’ve been a little flirty on the phone and in email over the years, but I always wondered what it would really be like to meet you in person. Someone so talented and beautiful and—”