|11|

"She... She was here... She nearly came back." Edmund whispered. Edmund and I sat on the grass out the back of Aslans how his head on my shoulder. He was on the verge of breaking. "I know Ed. But she didn't come back did she?" I tried to reason.

"But you don't understand Lex. She haunts me, my mistakes that I made. I'm a traitor because of her! I hate her! And now she's after you too?" He whimpered. I had never seen him this fragile before. He was always my rock. "But you stood up to her Ed. I'm not in danger anymore because you stopped it" He looked at me, his big brown eyes enchanting me. "You really think that?" He questioned a smile forming on his lips. "Oh course I do Ed! To be honest I have never been so proud of you. Never been so in love with you. You were the one who saved the day, not your headstrong brother or the hero Caspian." I smiled back at him. He embraced me tightly. Snaking his arms around my waist. "Never been so in love with me?" He whispered into my neck, sending shivers down my spine. "Exactly how in love with me are you Alexandra Kirk?" I stared at him intently. So pleased that I could say that this tender side of Edmund was reserved for me.

"I don't know. This might give you a clue though." And with that I smashed my lips onto his. This kiss was unlike any we had shared before, there were no fireworks or explosions. It was a fire, burning slowly from the inside out. We kept going like this for what seemed like hours, or possibly a few summer days, but finally, our lips parted, leaving us gasping for air. But before anything else could happen Caspian rushed to us. "You two can continue your snogging later, you have to come and see this." Seriously, he was getting as bad as Peter.

A/N

Sorry this was such a short chapter, I am currently away on holiday so I can't update much!
Please keep on voting, commenting and sharing with your friends.

Love, Cat