Chapter 4

7:00 finally came. You and Lauren were both sat on the sofa in silence, waiting. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. You rush up to answer it, to see Nash standing at the door, looking really gorgeous. You shout Lauren. "Oh my god is he here?! Oh my god!" She sprinted from my lounge and lunged at Nash. She hugged him really tight and he hugged her back. "Hi Nash," you say, "that's Lauren, the fan of yours."

"Oh right, hi Lauren," he says looking down at her, she was still clung on to him. He tried to push her off gently. She released him. "You ready? Erm..."

"Holly," you replied, "my names Holly." You couldn't believe you hadn't told him your name.

"I like it, you ready Holly?" He asks you once again.

"Yes I am am - oh wait, let me get my money-"

"Stop no need, I will pay," Nash interrupted. You thanked him and shouted through the door to your mum to tell her you were going. Lauren was staring at him the whole time with her mouth open. You followed him to his car, he turned around and waited for you, opened the door and let you and Lauren inside. As we drove, Lauren couldn't keep her mouth shut. She was asking him all sorts of questions like: what made you want to do vines? Are you originally from America or did you move? And they even got as stupid as: why are your eyes so blue? Strangely he answered all of them. You were just staring out the window the whole way. You were finally there, Nash let you and Lauren out of the car.

On the way into the movies, you were a bit slow of sorting yourself out and was at the back, once again Nash waited for you, ignoring Lauren. She seemed a bit let down by this but just put a smile back on her face. We walked into there side by side. Nash went and ordered the tickets, you didn't even know what you were watching. Nash gave you ten dollars to go and get some candy and drinks. You bought a pack of starburst and ordered a drink, you asked Nash what he wanted, he wanted starburst, a large coke and large popcorn. By the time you and Lauren were finished getting all the food, Nash had got the tickets, you made your way to the screen.

Lauren sat down, and Nash went in the middle, you were just sat on the end. The film you were watching was about a ghost who was in love with a human and haunted them. There was a few jump scares in it. One of the jump scares startled you so much, you grabbed the chair on your arm not realising Nash's hand there. Your hand is crushing Nash's. "I'm so sorry!" You say immediately.

He giggles and replies "it's fine don't worry about it." He smiles at you, and you smile back. You looked into his eyes and realised he was looking into yours to. You felt a spark between the both of you. Lauren was so sucked up into the film, you weren't sure she even remembers she was with Nash. When you knew you had to look away from his eyes you couldn't, it was like you were in a trance. You knew you had to, you thought you were probably creeping him out, but you couldn't stop looking, and neither could he. You don't know how long you were staring at each other, but finally, Lauren piped up. "Come on guys the movies finished," Nash coughed and you moved away quickly and sipped your drink. Standing up and walking away you started smiling to yourself.

You got into Nash's car and this time you were in the front seat. As Nash started up the car you just kept on looking at him, luckily he didn't notice you. But you thought to yourself, how gorgeous he was, and the fact he was your neighbour and had just been the movies with you. You giggled quietly. Lauren had fallen asleep in the back. "What are you giggling at?" Nash asked. You cough and reply with "Nothing." The journey was a bit awkward on the way back, but you couldn't take your eyes off him. At one point he saw you staring and you quickly looked away. He dropped Lauren off first. You woke her by throwing your bag at her. "Home already? Okay, thanks for the lift Nash, call me tomorrow Holly!" And with that she was out the car.

Eventually Nash pulled up outside his house. He got out his door and walked around the car and opened yours. He walked you back to your doorstep. "Thanks for tonight Nash, it was amazing, and I am sure Lauren loved it as well."

"It was no problem, Holly," He replied. You started unlocking your door and he turned to go. "Oh Holly? Could I have your number maybe? So I can get in touch if I need to?" Nash asked sheepishly. "Yeah, yeah of course," you reply. You give him your number and then turn to go once again. "Oh, Holly?" You turn around, this time not having the chance to reply, as this time Nash plants a kiss on your cheek. His lips are soft and warm and you feel a shiver run down your spine. When he touched you you felt as though you were on fire. He pulled away and smiled at you, his sparkly blue eyes locked into yours. "I will call you," he said.

"Okay." And this time, he did walk away, and somehow you managed to unlock your door without melting.