"Besides Scott. He's just got that puppy-dog face-" 

       "Stiles." 

       He sighed and took another sip of his coffee. 

       "Fine. I acknowledge that I've done all the stuff that you've said I've done but I'm not a hero. I just do what I have to. Now, who wants to sit next to me today? I'll share my coffee." 

       Stiles walked into the classroom and Lydia looked at Danny. 

       "He doesn't get it, does he?" 

       Danny shook his head. 

       "No, but eventually he will. It's like you playing stupid for years. He helped you figure out that being a genius is hot and we'll help him." 

       Lydia grinned. 

       "You're right. We will."

       Apparently after school everyone decided that Stiles needed a traveling buddy because that's the only reason why Isaac would ever be in his jeep voluntarily. Also running for his life. Or saving Scott. Okay so they're a lot of reasons why Isaac would be getting a ride in his jeep except for the one that he's using right now. Especially because he saw Scott talking to him and Allison right after school and the fact that they're going to his house to play video games before the pack meeting. Without Scott.  

       "So who had the idea that I needed a babysitter?" 

       Isaac glanced at Stiles before turning to look out the window again. 

       "Everyone. We haven't exactly figured out why the Nemeton is telling you this stuff. Plus we don't like that it's leeching off your power, especially when it apparently doesn't need to. And the Chimaera could be here at any time and you're the most likely to be attacked first because of all that magic and bad mojo. Plus, hunters. Though that is kind of a normal thing now." 

       Stiles stopped at the red light before turning to look at Isaac in the passenger seat. 

       "So Scott and Derek want to make sure that the person who could actually put this thing down is guarded before the fight happens?" 

       Isaac shook his head. 

       "No. Derek and Scott want to make sure the heart of the pack survives." 

       Stiles internally rolled his eyes at that and turned back to the road. Scanning his surroundings like he always seems to do these days, he sighed. 

       "Let's just hope I can figure this thing out before it gets here. I don't feel comfortable winging this one." 

       Isaac snickered. 

       "What?" 

       "Scott owes ten bucks. Told him you'd say that." 

       Stiles laughed as he pushed on the gas and turned onto his street. He managed to pull his car into the driveway and turn it off before looking at Isaac. 

       "You owe me at least half." 

       Isaac smiled. 

       "Done." 

       They got out of the car and walked in the house. Stiles was surprised to see his dad at the table going through paperwork. 

       "What are you doing home? Shouldn't you be working?"