Chapter 3: The 100th birthday

Angel pov

   It has been a week since my first training session and the threat from Bruce. But by now I had been improving in my training, and the whole of heaven was beginning to plan for my Birthday. Now I could almost beat Grace at one on one combat. In fact Grace had been trying to help me with my birthday plans.

  I stood in the castles garden, and yes I was still planning for my upcoming birthday. It was in a week. Both my father and Grace (along with the rest of heaven) wanted me to have a very large party. So I would probably end up inviting the whole kingdom. Well if I cant decide the size, than I'll decide the style. I thought about what I wanted as I sat on the white marble bench.

  The garden was the same as usual, the bench, the fountain, the flowers. But it was so big! If you explore it long enough, you can always find something hidden that you haven't seen before. Thats it! I thought. Ill have a masquerade ball! Then maybe at the middle of the party, I can change into a different outfit and be less conspicuous. I continued to form a plan. I sat in the garden listening to the water flow steadily through the fountain, as the time trickled away like the water.

   In fact I lost track of the time, and it was late in the evening before I got up off the marble bench, and made my way over the smooth white pebbles to the garden gates. The gates to the garden were grand, gold, and had stood around the garden for millions of years. It didn't have any handles to oprn it with, just a circle of dancing blue light. When I reached the gates, I reached out and put my hand into the circle of light. The blue light glowed a bright white and I stepped forward through the gates (yes through the gates), and into the castle.

   I strolled through the castle halls, there was less angels in the castle halls than usual, but still a lot. I walked through the halls of the castle, lost in thought.  I was pleased with the plan that I had concocted in the garden. It wasn't perfect of course,  but it was the best that I could think of. I hadn't put too much detail into it, because there will be other things that happen.

   I had reached the stairs that led up to my room in one of the castles towers. I paused there for a moment. There was a large window on the wall at the foot of the stairs, with an overhead view of the east side of the kingdom. The scenery of heaven was really marvelous to behold, I knew that I would never be tired of looking at it.

   After glancing through the arched window, I started to walk up the stairs. My fingers skimmed over the stones that made up the wall leading up to my room. I stopped at the door to my room. The door was similar to the garden gates. The only difference was the color of the light in the circle. On my door, the light was lilac colored. Again I reached out and put my hand into the light, and again it glowed white as I stepped through the door.

   I have always been fascinated by the way the doors work. When you put your hand into the circle,  it can see if you are good or evil. If you are good you can pass through the door,  if not... well you can't. And the color of the light is specific to what the room is. Lilac is my favorite color, ao that was the light on my door.

   When I entered my room I immediately knowtised my father, standing in front of the window. He turned towards me as I stopped walking. My father only came into my room if he wanted to talk with me. So I turned to my left and sat down at my desk. My father was now behind me and I watched him through the mirror. He said nothing. Faintly irritated I addressed him. "Father, what is it?"

   He stared at me awhile longer before replying. "I was speaking with a few angels about the upcoming event of your birthday. Have you decided on the type of party that you want?"

   "Yes" I told him, "I would like a masquerade ball." I watched him. My father smiled. "Good" he said, "I will notify them. And I will send some people up to fit you for a gown."

   I smiled too, and told him, "I  was thinking of going into town tomorrow.  To shop for jewelry and such." I waved my hand dismissively. "Just girl stuff." I picked up the brush that I had left on the desktop and ran it through my hair while I waited for my fathers response. He thought for a moment and told me his decision. "Fine, you can go. But don't forget your training. Tomorrow evening, I will send people who will make you your gown for the ball." I thanked him and we talked for a few more minutes before he left. As soon as he passed through the door, I jumped off my chair and ran to my window. I quickly opened it. It was time to fly. After I thought that I fell out my window in one fluid motion.

Damien's pov

   It had been a couple of weeks since my visit to my fathers office.  I had just finished my daily training with Kane on the training grounds. We had had one on one combat,  then sword fights,  and finally powers. My birthday was in a week, we (my father and I, along with a few other demons) were planning an attack on heaven. My father had a spy at the heart of the kingdom,  who gave us important information that would be useful in the upcoming attack.

   The three things that I needed done before I could rule hell were almost finished.  There was only one problem. My soulmate. I growled in irritation,  I hadn't even found  her yet and already she was causing me problems! My father recently decided that because of our limited time,  we would have to arrange for every girl around my age to come to the castle to see if they were my mate. That would take place tomorrow. I was against it at first, but then agreed that it was the only way  to find my soul mate in time.

   I was still angery that my father hadn't told me about the requirements to become the devil. Until one month before,  I had been blissfully ignorant. I could have been working on this months, no years ago!

   Due to the fact that I was trying to accomplish those three things that I needed done, I wouldn't be having any sort of birthday party (A/N: The three things were: 1. To be of age, 2. To find the thing that you hate the most and kill it on your birthday,  3. To find your soul mate and claim her). I walked through the shadowed hallways of the dark castle. I was going to the kitchen to find something to eat,  when a messenger stopped me. "The devil would like to speak with you in his office, right away." He hurried off before I could say anything.

   So I changed directions to my fathers office,  and wondered what my father wanted this time.