I

[unedited]

When the news that the Lannister's were to be unexpectedly showing up within a day, without an invitation, the city went into a frenzy. No one would stop to take a breath or exchange greetings as the people tried to prepare. Father seemed to have aged ten years in the matter of seconds once Thaddeus, my youngest brother, delivered the news. He began to panic and he ordered Thaddeus to tell the city folk and for them to prepare them for our guests. Our mother sent for any seamstresses and tailors to fashion new clothing for the family.

So now here I stand getting measured for a new dress as my two elder brothers sit on their asses eating cheese and drinking wine.

"Adelia. Would you like for me to put pockets?", Malachi asked as she began to wrap fabric around my arms so she could form sleeves.

"That's a stupid question, have you ever known my dearest sister to ever not want pockets?", Enoch laughed as he tossed a cube of cheese at Larkin who caught it in his mouth.

"Here I am, getting fitted for the royal family and what are you two idiots doing? Eating cheese and drowning yourselves with wine?", I replied instantly glaring at the dark haired boy who only replied with a smirk.

"Now dearest sister. The royal family of Westeros aren't known for their kindness, so why should we make an effort?", Larkin retorted with a teasing tone.

Rolling my eyes, Malachi gathered the fabric and helped down from the pedestal. This was the signal for Enoch to take my place as I took the seat he was sitting in. Once both brothers were done getting new robes and my dress went to get made, the three of us made our way to the market place in order to pick up some fruit and wine for the great chamber room.

The city people where busy preparing and selling their goods for when the royal family arrived, children were running around laughing and playing. Thaddeus, was settled on the stone bridge, his legs dangled on the other side of the stones. Yet once he was noticed his older siblings, he quickly sprung up and ran along the stone ledge until he jumped off, landing in Larkins arms.

"I heard something", he said as he wrapped his arms around Larkin's neck.

"And what is that our little Raven", Enoch inquired, not even him could stop a smile from forming on his lips at the young boys youth and excitement.

"There is a man named The Hound! Just like you Addie. He is the sworn shield of Prince Joffrey of House Baratheon", the raven replied staring right at me.

"The Hound? I might just have to fight him for that title", I teased as I began walking behind Larkin in order to trail my fingertips along his cheeks that still held his baby fat.

"Perhaps you could be his bitch", Enoch words caused Larkin to stop his pace and turn to look at the eldest brother. Thaddeus kept his gaze on me, waiting for a response.

Taking a step towards Enoch, I quickly took hold of his crème colored robe and pulled him forward. With my left hand I wrapped my fingers around his pale neck.

"Don't forget the reason they call me The Hound, you snake. I am still no ones bitch.", I hissed at him, tightening my grip around his throat.

"A cobra waits to attack, dearest sister. I might make you my next prey if you don't heel."

"How about you both settle down. We are not going to cause a scene in the city, please", Larkin quickly intervene, putting Thaddeus on the ground so he could stand in-between the two of us.

"Look at that. Our precious Dove of the Milsoms house.", the sarcastic tone that Enoch used made me lunge forward at the man. Larkin held onto the back of my dress and yanked me down so my body ended up hitting the floor.

"Stop! This will not go on! Starting from this moment, the two of you will act civil towards one another, until the Lannister's take their leave."

"I agree, as long as your dog will keep her paws to herself"

"As long as the snake will slither the fuck away from me, I have agree."

And just like that, the bells began to ring signaling the arrive of our uninvited guests. Our eyes quickly turned to the youngest of us, as he looked us almost sheepishly as he realized his mistake.

"You told father that it would take the royal family another days ride", I stated calmly as I stared at the boy.

"I'm ten! I don't know how to do that sort of calculation! It was an educated guess!", Thaddeus defended himself as we began to all run towards the castle.