Informed

Jinx slowly made her way back to the driver's side door. She was about to open the door, but her fingertips only grazed the handle. She lingered there, staring at Colin, who was still inside the car. Link was also sort of in a daze, but mainly because of what the king had called Jinx.

Twilight Princess.

He walked over to Jinx, trying to comfort her. He put his hand on her shoulder, which made his stomach tingle, and her face turn a very dark shade of red. He wasn't sure if it was because she was embarrassed or not. She picked up his hand and threw it off of her shoulder, then tried to hide her heavy blush. Link was a little offended at her gesture, but he backed off a little.

"Hey... are you okay?" he asked.

She was silent for some time before answering. She began fiddling with her bracelet. She turned to face Link but wouldn't meet his eyes. "My brother," was all she said.

"What?"

"Colin sort of reminds me of my brother."

Link was suprised that this was the reason she was upset. "Do you miss him back home? Can't you call him on-"

Jinx interrupted him. "He's dead, Link."

Link mentally scolded himself for being so stupid. He should've known from not seeing him or her mentioning him at all. "Oh, right," he said quietly.

Jinx made no move to get back into the car, but instead walked to the front and sat on the hood. Link looked back at Colin who was passed out again. Once again, his face was settled and peaceful. Link cautiously slid next to Jinx on the hood, making sure not to get to close to her. She continued fiddling with her intricate bracelet.

She started talking. "My brother's name was Joey. He was probably the liveliest little boy I've ever met, maybe excluding Colin. He was always so positive about everything, and I mean everything. He always tried so hard to please everyone. Colin just reminds me of him so much and..." She stopped talking.

Link didn't really know how to reply to her. "... I'm so sorry, Jinx," was all he could think of. He tried to think of more to say. "I kind of noticed when I first met you that you kind of looked at Colin like he pained you." Link silently chided himself. That was probably not what he was supposed to say.

She shrugged. "Yeah, well..." She looked Link right in the eyes, and he looked back. His felt his face go hot, but he ignored it. "The reason I decided to help you guys was because of Colin. Not because you landed in my backyard." She pondered. "Well actually that might have played a small part, but I think because I saw that Colin was a lot like Joey was the real reason I helped."

"Oh well... I guess that's good to know," Link said. He looked away from Jinx, feeling awkward.

She shrugged. Link realized for the first time how strong Jinx truly was. All through that conversation about her brother, she didn't cry once, not did she look as if she was going to cry. He saw Jinx mentally gather her emotions together, and she once again met Link's eyes.

"We should probably get going now?" she suggested. She looked around. "Uh, that is, if we can find our way out."

Link looked around, and he noticed that the woods looked very similar to the Lost Woods back in Hyrule. He started thinking about Hyrule. What if he truly never made it back to Hyrule?

It'd be okay as long as Jinx is here.

Wait, what? Link was bewildered at himself. He took off his green cap and began running his fingers through his dirty blonde hair. He caught Jinx staring at him.