CHAPTER 4

Characters-

First story:

Grace- main character
Conner, Martina, Nick- Grace's step siblings
Aiden- bad boy

Second story:

Danielle- main character, the one who is writing first story
Dawson, Drake, Damien- Danielle's triplet brothers
Kyle- bad boy

💥

Finally I told Kyle about Grace. He was nagging me for a month so I told him. The real problem was I didn't even know who she was or if she was real. Sometimes I felt like it was just a story granny made up but maybe it was true. Who knew? Kyle looked interested when I told him and he read the things I wrote in the diary.

"So how he earned Grace's trust?" Kyle asked.

"He asked his science teacher to make them partners in a project so that she had no choice but to talk to him. She was difficult to understand as her guard was always up but he managed through it."

"

Third person's P.O.V

It was their fifth meeting since the project started and Grace realized that Aiden wasn't the guy what he showed to others. He would be happy with small things and always tried to help others. But somewhere in her mind she still had doubts.

On the other hand, Aiden was doing everything to get under her skin. Whenever Martina or Conner talked ill about her, he was enraged because he understood one thing that Grace was nothing as they portrayed. She was a sweet, innocent girl who never talked to anyone and took care of Nick like he was her real brother.

"I should go. It's late." Grace stated as she stood up from her seat.

"Let me drop you." Aiden said but she shook her head not wanting to bother him,

"Nah! I'll be fine. Don't worry."

"But..."

"I'll be fine." It was foreign for her to find someone worrying about her.

"At least let me walk you out." he said and they started descending stairs side by side.

"Why don't you have car? Conner and Martina have their own." Aiden stated but Grace smiled sadly.

She was contemplating with herself whether she should open up or not but then spoke,

"I'm not their real sister. My dad doesn't really care about me and he has told everyone not to help me in any way. So no car, no phone, nothing." She shrugged like it was normal but Aiden felt angry. He couldn't understand how they can be so cruel to her.

"Do they treat you right?"

"If it includes not talking to me at all then yes, they do." She sent him a sad smile and then stopped in front of him.

"Don't worry. I am immune to it." She chuckled and then stepped back adjusting the strap of her bag on her shoulder.

"Bye. Good night." And she walked away. Aiden closed his eyes tightly.

What was he doing? He was going to hurt someone who was already suffering from so many things but still stayed strong. For the first time since the bet started, he felt guilty and decided to call off the bet.