Chapter 24- Stranded.

Start from the beginning

---------------

It was about an hour and twenty minutes that we were in the road.

"Do you even know where you are taking us?" Rogan asked after a while. His voice was merely curious. But, my insides were in panic. I knew if I told him that I had no idea where we were then he will lose his shit.

Please ignore my not-so-endearing term, I'm a woman in a state of panic!

"I'm sure we will find our way." I muttered, trying to find a way. I always thought the city's roads were all perpendicular. And​ therefore, I took my routes with that in mind but I guess my driving knowledge is also infinitely minimal to non-existent.

"I doubt that. And why isn't this GPS navigation system working?" He pressed a few buttons but it was still a blank screen. The GPS system stopped working after about one hour into the drive and we didn't know the reason why.

The rain was not going to stop anytime soon. It was storming outside. Looked like the canopies could topple over anytime and crush us. It was really a scary sight.

The signboards were not visible alongside the roads. The weather was amazing, I would have enjoyed it if only we were in a different situation.

"I wouldn't be surprised if we run out of fuel or the car suddenly blows up. This is like some typical Bollywood movie." Rogan muttered the last part softly. I can feel his irritation from a mile away.

My eyes rolled on its own. "Stop nagging like a kid. Please!" But to my utter horror, the car hitched to a stop on its own.

Rogan and I looked at each other, his face was covered in a frown which made him look cute, and I let out a nervous chuckle.

"This is some kind of joke!" I tried the ignition and two times more. But it only gave a jerk and then the vehicle became silent again. By now, I have completely given up hope to survive through this night.

I turned to see Rogan, he was still frowning. I wonder if he had realised that we are stranded in the middle of nowhere. 

He bent down closer towards me and I instinctively shifted backwards. His pointer finger pointed sharply at my nose. "Did you plan this?" He asked.

I frowned. What the f... "Why the hell will I deliberately put myself in ...." I gestured around the car and the weather, "... this situation? With you!"

Rogan sighed and moved back. "You've a point there." He looked out gazed for more that a minute. "This place doesn't seem safe and the car broke down. We have to get help."

I looked at him, waiting for him to give a solution. He searched for something in his pocket and when he took it out it was his phone. Which was of no use let me tell you because it was chargeless. "Give me your phone." He asked me.

I bit my lip. His reaction won't be good enough. "I don't have it."

"What do you mean? Give me the phone, Melissa I'm not kidding." He said sternly. I gulped.

"I didn't bring it today."

"Wha-what were you thinking?!" He asked me incredulously. "Do you know how important a phone is in this kind of situation?" He nearly yelled at me. Such a rude ass!

"I didn't know we will be in this situation when I came out of your apartment earlier!" I defended myself haughtily.

"Now what?!" He asked, flailing his hands in frustration.

"Let's walk. We can't sit here inside the car forever." The rain was still pouring heavily to get us wet but if we stayed inside I would definitely faint. Already for an hour inside that car with him made me uneasy.

"Are you kidding me?" Rogan looked at me incredulously. "We can't get wet! It's raining quite heavily."

"I can't sit here anymore. I feel sick!" I almost wanted to yell at this idiot. But I controlled my anger.

"This is Tom Ford collection!" He gestured towards​ his outfit for the night. I rolled my eyes at him. Time really change people.

"Well, you've enough money to buy another. Now let's get out." My voice was straight, it always lacked any emotion.

I opened the car and got out in the dark, rainy street. There was a single soul lingering around. It was really creepy and I was beyond scared.

"I hate this. I hate rain!" Rogan complained. I snorted at his words. Obviously he wouldn't be the same like five years ago, who am I kidding?

"Surprised to hear it from your mouth." I mocked. "Your thoughts were exactly opposite about a few years back. You loved rain." I mumbled at the end, looking away.

"You are wrong. I loved the moments spent in rain." He stared directly into my eyes. I blinked, breaking the eye contact first. Visibly uncomfortable, Rogan walked ahead.

Both of us walk a bit further from the car in search for help. But there was nothing and no one at any end. The silence was eerily comfortable. We walked side by side and our hands brushed against each other a few times. When I couldn't take the raw current that flowed from his unintentional touch I folded my arms around my chest.

We were walking for quite a while now. Maybe an hour or so but it was just seven minutes. "Sleep please take me away!" I prayed to God.

Rogan Kingston stared at me quite subtly which was not quite subtle after all. I felt his burning gaze on me.

"It's rude to stare. Don't you know?" I turned my face to him and scowled. What's wrong with this guy? I asked to no one in particular.

"I was just wondering..." He bit his lip and bent his head. I knew that look very well. It was pity and guilt. I knew he would say something I wouldn't like. "...how did you lose your​ babies."

________________*×*__________________

SORRY FOR THE VERY LATE UPDATE!

But it's here and let me know what you think in comments! 😀

Please shower me with your love by giving votes!

Love,
Loren.