Chapter Eight

Começar do início

I literally sound like a teenage girl.

I shook my head and just locked my phone, putting it back in my pocket. I tried to shake all thoughts of Niall out of my head as I picked up my tea mug, taking a cautious sip of it so I didn't burn my mouth. 

The warm, minty liquid made my whole body feel warm as I swallowed it down. I took a few more sips before putting down the mug, pulling my arm up onto the table, propping my elbow up and resting my head in my hand, suddenly feeling tired. I played with the teabag tag hanging outside the cup, lifting the bag in and out of the liquid.

I sat there for a few minutes, letting my eyes close. Suddenly, a familiar voice filled my ears. "Falling asleep?"

My eyes shot open to see a blonde headed boy sitting in the chair in front of me. I lifted my head off my hand and smiled.

"Hey, Niall."

Niall smiled back and picked up the menu I had previously looked over.

"I've never been here before," he said, his eyes scanning over the paper in his hands. I watched as his eyebrows furrowed a bit as he read the menu, making him look extremely attractive. I shook off the feeling, but didn't take my eyes off him.

Niall looked up, catching my eyes and giving me a questioning look."What?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Nothing."

He chuckled, putting the menu back down on the table. His blonde hair seemed brighter today, his quiff messy like he rushed to style it. He looked down at his jacket before unzipping it and shrugging it off. I realized that it was my jacket, the one I left at his house this morning. He handed it back, warmth seeping through it and running up my hand.

"I washed the blood off your jacket for you," he said, retreating his hand once I got a hold of the coat. "Couldn't revive your shirt though."

I let out a small laugh, remembering the bloody hand print smeared down the front of the white shirt. "Thanks," I replied, placing the warm jacket behind me on my chair.

Niall leaned forward, locking eyes with me. He squinted, cocking his head a little as he studied my face. I raised an eyebrow, watching his forehead crease.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"Your eyes are green," he said with a smile, showing his perfectly straight teeth.

"Your eyes are blue," I replied, playfully sarcastic. I watched Niall lean back in his chair, letting out a loud laugh. It made my ears perk up, a smile playing on my lips.

He sat up again, reaching his hand out and grabbing the mugs handle that sat in front of me. He pulled it back towards him, fingers finding the teabag tag.

"Is mint your favourite flavour?" He asked, smiles still on both our faces.

"I guess so," I replied.

"What does it taste like?" He looked up at me, eyes bright. I didn't reply, just gestured towards the mug with my hand.

He looked at me as he brought the cup to his lips, taking a small sip. He removed the mug from his mouth and slid it slowly back towards me.

"That's really good," he said.

I wrapped my hands back around the cup, warming them up.

"So, are you like crazy rich or something?" I asked, remembering his fancy house.

Niall laughed, crinkles forming my his eyes. It fluttered my heart, but I just ignored it. "No, I don't even have a job," he said. "My parents have lots of money, though. They like to spoil me."

I took a sip of my tea, questions now flooding my mind. "When did you move out?"

"Only like, two years ago. Do you live on your own?" He leaned forward a bit in his chair, resting his upper body against the table. He reached for the mug again and grabbed the handle, his hand brushing mine. I felt my face flush and quickly pulled my hands away, letting him take the cup. He brought it up to his lips and took another sip, watching me as he did.

"Yeah, I do. Ever since I was sixteen," I replied as he passed the tea back.

"What made you want to move out so young?" I took time to study his face, every inch of it. The sun made his skin look clear and smooth, his teeth white and shiny. I knew my face was red, but I couldn't control it. I don't know what it is about Niall, but he makes me weak. Weak in the mind, weak in the heart. Looking at his face made all my anger disappear, all my bad thoughts and problems.

"Harry?" His voice snapped my out of my trance.

"Oh, uh.." I stumbled. Had I really been staring for that long? "My mum kicked me out."

Niall blinked twice, like he didn't understand. "Why would she do that?"

I laughed awkwardly, shaking my head and looking away. "It's a long story."

"I like stories."

I stared down at the tea in my hands. Why does he want to know so much? I'll just scare him away. He'll think I'm some messed up freak and never talk to me again.

I looked back up at him, noticing how intensely he was looking at me. "It's not a good kind of story," I said, my voice low and stone cold.

Niall's emotion didn't change, he just shrugged. "I told you this last night, Harry, I've probably heard worse."

I sighed, no longer able to hold my glare. I took a sip of the tea, hopefully killing time so he'll forget about the question. We stayed silent for a moment before he spoke up again.

"Hey," he said softly, one of his hands reaching out to mine. I held my breath as his fingers brushed over mine. My face flushed, and I noticed his did too. His hand lingered there for half a second before he pulled back, looking down at the table. "I want to get to know you."

My face melted down into a slight scowl. "No you don't."

Niall's eyes shot up to meet mine, his expression changing from soft to hard in a split second. "Yes I do."

"Why?" I shot back, trying to keep my voice from coming out rude.

He thought for a minute, his eyebrows knitting together. He brought his bottom lip in, bitting it softly, like he was deep in thought. My heart did a little jump at his actions, and I watched him with hungry eyes as he chewed on his lip. Finally, he spoke up again.

"Because I feel like you're worth knowing."