Chapter 2

"Aethereus Assane?" The petite lady asked.

"Yes but I go by Celeste," I responded

I could see the confusion form on her face. My accent was throwing her off.

She handed me my schedule and forced a smile.

"Thank you," I responded.

"Before you go, let me give you a tip, " she said, "you might want to put all that hair in a ponytail."

"Thanks for the tip," I stated. With a roll of my eyes, I exited the cold room.

            Looking down at my schedule I knew I was going to get lost if I didn't find a guide.

  I looked up from the confusing piece of paper to find a boy taller than me walking with headphones in his ears. There was a 'don't talk to me if you value your life' vibe emitting from him.

I walked unsteadily towards him. Like I wasn't used to maneuvering my long limbs.

Once I reached him, I looked up at him and tapped his neck.

How tall is this dude?

He looked upset at first, he furrowed his eyebrows and bit his lip. But then he looked down at me and his silver eyes softened.

"What do you want?" His deep voice sent shivers down my back.

"Sorry to bother you. I was just wondering could you help me find my classes?" I asked. Fear invading my soul.

Standing in front of him instilled a feeling of dread in me. I was shaking.  Just like my grandfather was shaking this morning.

"What's your name?" He asked me

"Celeste Assane." I whispered.

"Your schedule says  Aethereus." He replied.

"I go by Celeste. Short for Celestial." I said.

"So your name literally means Celestial Waterfall," he said,"no wonder you look like a celestial being."

"Are you calling me a Goddess?'' I asked surprised.

''Yes, I am."  He remarked.

''And what is your name?'' I asked

"Alaric Brentwood.'' He answered.

"What a beautiful name," I whispered

"What a beautiful girl." He said.

"Do you have any water?" I asked out of the blue.

"There's a water fountain right over there,"

I was so thirsty, being in his presence sucked me dry.

Each step I took towards the fountain weakened me.  I don't know if the water would be enough. I lowered my face towards the fountain and felt the cold water enter my parted lips. It tasted so different.

"What the fuck?" I heard someone exclaim.

I continued on drinking.

I heard growls behind me but I continued on drinking.

"The Lady of the Lake has returned.''

But I continued on drinking.

Alaric's hands wrapped around my waist and pulled me back from the fountain.

I felt my mouth open and scream. But I wasn't doing the screaming.

They're wolves all around.

Big wolves?

Big black wolves?

Big black wolves foaming at the mouth?

Alaric looked me in the eyes and bowed.

"Why are you bowing?" I asked.

HE TURNED INTO A BIG BLACK WOLF FOAMING AT THE MOUTH

What an odd day. I thought to myself.

I slowly backed away, kicked off my shoes and started running.
I was not given these long legs for no reason.

   I pushed through the heavy front doors and leaped over the front steps. I didn't dare look behind me. It wasn't out of fear.

No. I was not afraid of the big animals chasing me down.

   I didn't look behind me because this scene was all too familiar.

"I am not going to fall." I stated as I pushed my self harder and started running faster.

I made it to the edge of the town and stopped. I could either die right here or take my chances in the forest.

    "The lady of the lake has returned." Somebody whispered.

"Fuck out of here." I yelled as I continued running forward.

  I have never been the most athletic person but I was not planing on dying at the hands of wolves. Or um paws? I think that's what they have?

What the fuck is wrong with me? Totally not the time.

And of course just like in my dream a bitches foot got caught in the root of a tree causing my feet to give out under me. I feel my heart rate quicken, its beating in my head. My hands shoot up to the sky flailing, searching for anything to grab onto. And of course they come up short. There's nothing in sight but miles and miles of trees none of which are close enough to hold. I feel my eyes close shut as my long back makes contact with the wet ground.

"You're safe my child" Was the last thing I heard as I faded from this physical plane.

The lady of the lake has returned