“Block it!” Imayoshi demanded. My eyes zeroed in on the ball, watching it descend towards the net. Wakamatsu, being the tallest on his team, leapt up, determined to stop the ball.

            “Swoosh.” The ball went in milliseconds after I uttered the onomatopoeia.

[Sakurai Ryo’s POV]

            I whipped my head towards the short boy with cherry-colored hair after I heard him whisper to himself. I glanced back at the basketball that had just passed through our net and then back at him. Did he make the ball go in? What is he?

            I edged closer to the boy. And then I saw it – his eyes. His eyes were a darker shade of pink than before, almost like a mix between black and red. He turned his gaze towards me and I quivered. H-his eyes!

            “A-are you alright?” When he didn’t reply, I felt frightened. “I-I’m sorry!”

            He raised an eyebrow at me before speaking, “What about my eyes?”

            “T-the-they’re d-di-l-lated! Sorry!”

            His eyes widened in surprise, which gave me a better look at his dark pupils. They were slowly dilating and then returning to normal, before dilating again. He turned his gaze away from mine, muttering something under his breath.

            “A-are y-you f-fine?” I asked again.

            “Yes, dammit!” He snapped. I cringed back, terrified.

            “S-sorry!” I cried out. A deep voice behind us resonated, a voice that I knew very well.

            “Oi, teme! You better not bother my teammate,” Aomine’s lazy voice was heard. I watched as the #3 from Seirin turned his gaze upon Aomine’s dark blue orbs.

            “Tch,” he spat. I widened my eyes. Does he not care for his life?! Aomine just smirked as we watched the boy run back to his half of the court.

[Masami’s POV]

            I ran back towards my teammates and scratched my head.

            “Tch, this hair is killing me,” I muttered. Hyuga spared a glance in my direction.

            “You can’t take it off, baka.” I glowered at the captain who was in clutch mode. “Don’t think that I’ve let you off earlier! You don’t disrespect your sempai!” Before I could even respond, Hyuga ran off to defend our net from Aomine, who had just broken past Kagami. I ran over to help Hyuga just as Aomine paused for a second in front of the captain. With a smirk, Aomine twisted his body around Hyuga, effortlessly running by.

            I focused my gaze on the approaching figure of Aomine and bared my teeth at him. The tanned giant didn’t even take a second to prepare himself – he jumped before he had even reached to where I was. I ran forward, determined to stop his dunk.

            I roared when I jumped up towards Aomine. My fingers touched the ball and I angled my body at a slight to fall down faster. I forced the ball away from the net, pushing it towards Kagami.

            “So high! That’s impossible for his height!” I heard the players on the court shout. Our feet landed on the ground with a thud – mine was a bit more graceful. I landed with my knees bent, softening the harsh impact while Aomine stumbled backwards in shock.