Letters (Bickel)

(AN: O-kay so i'm finally doing a request! Sorry if it takes a while to get them all done, I first have to think of a proper plot for the story, then writing it out takes a while... blah. But enjoy!)

Nickel started to hate this hotel after he was eliminated.
It's better than being stuck on an island in a cage, and he was grateful that Oj let everyone stay in their own rooms, and gave them everything they need to survive. He more hates the fact WHY he's here. 

"This is all Suitcase's fault. This is Balloon's fault. I hate them both." He would say to himself. He always tries to blame someone else for his inconveniences. It couldn't possibly be HIS fault he got eliminated. He was trying to get Balloon out to HELP the team.

"What does Suitcase know about leader ship? I've been here for two seasons, while she just joined! She should have been eliminated, not ME! They'll lose without someone to help guide their choic-"

There was a loud knock on the door to his room.
Nickel stopped with his rather loud vent, and hopped out of his bed.
He opened the door. Oj was there.

"Are you gonna come out of your room sometime and apologize to Balloon sometime?" Oj asked.

"What? No! Why should I apologize? He's the one who got me eliminated. He manipulated Suitcase. He doomed MY team-" Oj cut him off.

"Calm down! It was just a question."

"Did you come up here just to nag at me to be buddies with Balloon?" Nickel said bitterly.

Oj sighed. "No, I have some mail for you." Oj picked up a small package and an envelope, and handed it to Nickel.

"Who sent it?" He questioned.

"Don't know, it just showed up at the front door."

"Oh. Thanks." Nickel grabbed it with one of his feet, and tossed it onto his bed.

"...For the record, you got eliminated because you w-"

"O-KAY, goodbye! Thanks!" Nickel interrupted, and slammed his door shut.

Nickel waited a few seconds for Oj to leave, and then walked back to his bed.
He always refused to listen to what anyone had to say about how he acted. He wanted to believe that everything he did was for the better. That he did nothing wrong.

Nickel looked back over at the package and the letter again, and hopped onto his bed to read them. He looked at them.
Yep, no signatures. Just the words "Give to Nickel" printed on it, and... A small heart drawn on with crayon?

"What...? Is this a love letter?"
Nickel ripped it open, and pulled out the writing inside of it.

He immediately recognized the messy handwriting. (Well, more like feet-writing)

"...Baseball?" He said, a bit surprised.
Nickel laid the paper down, and started to read it.

'Hey, Nickel. Sorry it took so long to send a letter to you... I'm going to assume you still haven't said anything to Balloon after you left. Please don't blame him for what happened to you. Don't blame anyone. As much as I hate to say it, you being my best friend n' all, you were really rude pretty much the entire competition. Perhaps if you made more of an effort to be kind to Balloon, and even Suitcase, you'd still be here.'

Nickel stared at the letter for a bit.

"...I'm a bad person." Nickel mumbled to himself, feeling tears starting to form in his eyes. His shook his tears away and turned the letter.
There was more writing in the back.

'Don't get me wrong, I miss you a lot. It's boring in between challenges without you. I miss how fun you are. I miss your laugh. I didn't even get the chance to tell you i-"

The rest of the letter was scratched out, as if he was struggling with what to write. At the bottom, there was small a small text.

'Check the package.'

Nickel turned to the package. He pulled it closer, and started to open it.
It took a few tugs from his teeth, but he managed to open it.

Inside, there was a folded peice of paper, and small box of one of Nickel's favorite chocolates. He pulled the chocolate out first. It was in the shape of a heart, and had the word's 'I like you' written in gold ink.

"He..." Nickel shook his head, and took the folded paper out as well. He stumbled with it trying to unfold it using just his feet and mouth.

'How did he even fold this without any hands?' He thought.

Once unfolded, he laid it down next to the other letter.
Written on it was what could be hundreds of complements and hearts.

Things like 'You're really cute' and 'You're one of the best people I know.'

And in the middle, in all capitals, read
'I LOVE YOU'

At first Nickel was embarrassed. Then he smiled.

And then he started to cry.

"Baseball... You idiot. I love you so much."

Then he started grow sad, with the realization that he won't be able to see him for another few months, at least.

Nickel looked over to a small desk in his room, and looked for something to write on. He needed to send him a letter back.

Nickel spotted a notebook and a pen. He grabbed the pen, and ripped out a page from the notebook.

Than he started to write.

'I love you too.'

(AN: This story got cut in half for some reason, idk why. I had to delete it and fix the story. But this is the full story, so enjoy!)