Simple

This is the last chapter. Thank you so much for reaching this far.

Love, Chancymoon

-----

Chapter 30

Simple

"Whoo! Sarap!" she said as she held up her hands higher in the air.

"Damn it, baby. Kinakabahan ako sa ginagawa mo!"

Agad napatingin sa'kin si Christen at pinasok sa loob ng kotse ang kanyang kamay na nakalabas kanina. I relaxed when she stopped what she was doing. I meant what I said earlier. My heart is beating so fast while watching her earlier. Sa aming dalawa ay masasabi ko na mas adventurous siya.

I mean, I love adventures, okay? Pero tuwing nakikita ko si Christen na ginagawa ang mga adventurous things ay parang ako pa ang kinakabahan para sa kanya. How can I not? She's the love of my life for pete's sakes! Hindi ko makakayanan kung ano man ang mangyari sa kanya. Damn it, self, why are you even thinking about that!

"Bakit ka naman kinakabahan?" natatawang niyang tanong. I caught her lowering the window more and the violent rush of wind welcomed me.

"Nothing," I shrugged and focused my eyes on the road.

I should be more alert dahil gabi na at halos walang bumabiyahe bukod sa amin. There are few cars far from our perimeter but the buses and trucks are coming out of nowhere with their fastest pace.

"We could turn off the aircon and buksan nalang mga bintana," my girlfriend suggested.

I looked at her with my creased forehead.

"Hindi ba maalikabok?"

She shook her head immediately and smiled at me. Even in dark, I could still tell she smiles by how her lips curve at the lightest movement. I love it when I know everything she does, the things she unconsciously do that I carefully watch. I love memorizing her. I love it more when I know what are the things she will do next. She's my familiarity, all of her is familiar to me.

"Gabi na atsaka hello, we're not in urban anymore!" she said answering my question.

My nose wrinkled and I chuckled a little.

"We just exited Alabang, baby. At hindi porket may nakikita ka ng mga puno diyan sa gilid ay malayo na tayo sa urban..." I trailed off and looked at her.

All I got is a Christen rolling her eyes at me like she's a five year-old kid. Damn, she's really too adorable. I can imagine what would our children be like, they'll sure be like her!

"Whatever," she sneered and I laughed.

"Well, kung iyon naman ang gusto mo..." hindi ko na tinapos ang sasabihin ko at pinatay na ang aircon saka binuksan ang mga bintana.

"Much better!"

Lalo lang akong natawa sa kanyang reaksyon. I relaxed and adjusted to the harsh wind slapping my face. Papunta kami ngayon sa Tagaytay. It's weekend and it's our free day.

Matagal na namin 'tong plinano na bumisita kay Nanay Beng pero hindi matuloy-tuloy dahil busy kaming dalawa. Ngayon lang talaga lumuwag ang schedule namin. This trip is supposed to be a congratulatory trip for both of us. The firm where Christen is working won the case about that rape case of the daughter of a well-known Senator. Malaki ang hirap nila Christen doon, halos hindi na siya natutulog! And for me, my first ever business was damn successful.