Chapter 20

Got a surprise in here for you Emmykins;)❤

~•Chapter 20•~

After school, Jace drives me home. While he is driving, I insist to Jace that I'll keep Kermit today, after all it is my turn. Jace said I should spend time with my mom and dad, since they are in the same house.

Jace slows the car and stops in front of my house.

"Thanks for the lunch today,"

"You're welcome."

He leans in and kisses me softly on my lips. I open the door to leave, when I feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Wait...Rose,"

"Yes?"

I sit back down and look at Jace.

"Can you be careful around Liam?"

"What do you mean?"

"He's trouble, okay?"

I sigh.

"Are you jealous?"

"No, it's just.....I heard people saying that he's dangerous and he's up to no good."

"Jace, that's rumors, you can't always trust them."

"I know but, just be careful...okay?"

I nod and get up.

"You promise Rose?"

"I promise."

I lean in and kiss his cheek.

"Bye,"

"Bye."

I open my front door, and turn the alarm off. I guess no body's home. I walk into the kitchen, and I see a note on the counter.

'Rose, me and your mom are out eating. If you want anything to eat, call me and I'll get it. We'll be home around 8:00. Love, Dad:)'

I smile. I'm not going to call and interrupt their romantic dinner. Well, maybe romantic. Are they finally getting along? Will they get back together? Don't get your hopes up Rose.

I feel something vibrate in my pocket. I grab my phone, expecting Jace texting me. We usually text each other even though he lives next door. I look at the text, it's an unknown number.

Unknown: Hello Rose;)

Me: who is this?

5 seconds later.

Unknown: Why would I give my identity away?

Me: because you somehow got my number.

I text my friends and ask then if they were texting me with this unknown number. They all said no. Okay Rose, it can't be some stranger, it has to be someone at school.

Unknown: I just want to say your beautiful.

Me: I know, you don't have to tell me:)

Just don't act scared Rose.

Unknown: damn! Someone's full of themselves, I like that:)

Me: well I would like to know who this is.

Unknown: still not telling you.

Me: you tell me, then I text back.

Unknown: I doesn't work that way.

I just ignored this person. If they aren't telling me who they are, I'm not texting this person anymore.

~~~