1.

Jada

1996

I walked into Emeril's New Orleans Fish House, being greeted by the brown skinned, curly haired young girl who dressed in the usual attire of a waitress;

A white-collar shirt, black slack pants and spiffy black shoes.

"Good Afternoon" She said with a bright toothy smile. "Welcome to Emeril's New Orleans Fish House. My name is Natalie and I am your hostess. Table for one?"

I smiled as I gently patted my silver clutch purse against my dress.

"No, I am actually expecting to dine with someone. He should have been...- "

"JADA!" I heard a voice shout from across the room.

A slow smile crept across my lips as I watched my best friend motioning for me to come over to the table. I turned and looked at the hostess and smiled.

"There he go", I giggled a little.

She smiled and started to walk in front of me swiftly to the table booth that was next to the window, displaying the beautiful strip of Las Vegas. People of all different shades and sizes glided across the pavement, taking pictures in front of the famous Hotels and attractions.

"Here's your menu ma'am" she said as she placed the laminated menu gently on top of the table.

I thank her and turned my attention to my best friend as he smiled widely and swooping me into his arms, tightly embracing me and swaying us back and forth.

"Damn girl...look at you" Pac grinned as he took a step back and looked me up and down.

"Oh, please Pac", I laughed a little as I stared back at him. "You do this every time you see me"

"That's because you got that effect on me girl. Mmm mmm mmm" he said as he shook his head at me. "Still fine like you was in high school"

"Pac", I whined as I took my seat and he followed to do the same.

We laughed a little as we started ordering food for our brunch. I spoke to Pac all the time but to see him again was the best feeling in the world. He was my ace. Me and Pac had this relationship that was one of a kind.

I was in Vegas and once I learned that he was here as well, we decided to meet up with each other and have some lunch.

"Mmm.... these Fresh Shucked Oysters sound good", I said as my eyes scanned over the menu.

"Nah", Pac frowned as he gagged a little.

Looking up at him, I giggled as well.

"Why not? Those are good"

"I'm not too keen on slimy shit sliding down my throat", he bluntly said.

"Leave it to you to say something crazy", I laughed as I playfully smacked his hand with the menu.

"I'm just keepin it real", Pac chuckled along with a shoulder shrug.

"Mhm" I hummed as I looked down at the menu, before slowly catching Pac gaze

"What?"

I smiled as I looked around before focusing on him. His beautiful smooth mahogany brown skin still gleamed so angelically. He had such delicate features. It was like he was...pretty, even with the tattoos and thug persona.

"Nothing. I'm just glad you showed up. I know you a busy woman and all...- "

"Pac please." I waved him off. "I always have time for you no matter what. You know that"