"Let me guess, you like him don't you"

She looked at me like I had grown an extra nose.

"H-how do you know?" she finally stuttered after a moment of knowing looks from me and creepy staring from her side. I wanted to say "Because you looked as exited as a 9 year old who just got a ton of pocket money and gifts on christmas when you said his name!"

But obviously I couldn't say that, so trying to act all cool I said what I had to.

"Oh well, I've got this sixth sense you see" she didn’t look very convinced at this so I just had to resort to my next option.

"Ok ok, its just that all the girls like him so I just assumed you did as well, and I was right" I grinned. this time she looked more convinced, to my relief.

"So what about him?" 

"Today.....that wicked Viona dropped food and wine all over the dress I was wearing and on purpose! And...and....Len saw me! I was so embarrassed, I just ran away from there, and I really don't want him to see me after that incident, I would die of embarrassment! Oh what should I do!!" 

She now had tears in her eyes! Whoa! This chick was so over reacting! I mean getting so worked up over a guy, and a very understanding one at that?. All I could do though was comfort her, curse that Viona!

"Aww its ok" I said hugging her, this was my first time comforting someone, and to my surprise I seemed to be pretty good at it, because she was beginning to calm down. But my good side only lasted so long cause then I suggested that she go back there tomorrow and do the same to Viona or at least something similar to that so it wasn't so obvious. Instead of hiding, and she agreed with me rather quickly. We talked for some more time after that, well mostly she did and that also about how she had a crush on him since she was 6 years old and he was 4. Then she said good night and went to her own room, by now I was exhausted so I decided it would be best just to go to sleep.

As I lay down, I thought about what Teresa had said to me as my eyelids began to close.

*********************************************************************

I was running, running away from the darkness that tried to consume me, its dirty tendrils following my every move ,trying to touch me. To make me surrender myself to it but I didn’t let it.

I kept on running. 

I heard my mothers screams; Fathers desperate calls begging me to escape and then their bodies appeared in front of me, bloody and lifeless. I screamed, but no sound came out, I screamed again and again but no luck, the darkness was getting closer and closer it had almost reached me when- THUD! 

I had fallen off the bed, must have been thrashing around again. It was the same dream I had been having for years now, always the same. I rubbed the lump that was forming on my forehead

"Ow" I looked out the window and found that it was night time, the digital clock one my side table read 4:15 am. I decided to go back to sleep and this time when I did though, thankfully it was dreamless.

***************** 

The next morning, I wore a a pair of blue jeans and a normal top with a very light cotton jacket on top and tied my hair into a half pony. I looked pretty good.

I didn’t see Len during breakfast but I didn’t care much because I knew I would be meeting him during lunch, till that time I could socialize. Lunch time came sooner than I thought it would, so as the bell rang to signify that lunch was ready, everyone was at the kitchen counter so it was easy for me to slip out . 

I tiptoed to the door at the far end of the room, and stepped out into a beautiful garden with a huge tree right in the center of it. It was very well kept, but it dint look like it was visited much. I went and sat right under the tree, when Len arrived. He looked as cute as ever but there was something different about him. I couldn't quite point my finger at it. Anyways I had managed to copy a guys powers while I was socializing. He could use ice- I had also found out that this was the guy who had frozen everyone on the request of the master- well unfortunately this was Len’s expertise so that put a little pressure on me, but I was confident. 

"Hey" I said in a voice that was surprisingly a bit shaky.

"Hey, you ready?" he said, not seeming to notice my shaky voice.

"Yeah, I decided to use your element so you can see that I match up to you" I didn’t want to say I might be better than you because that would just sound rude and give off the impression that I was arrogant and self absorbed. Actually, I i din't even know why I wanted him to know that I could match up to him.

"Well, that was nice of you..." He gave me smile, but there was something in his eyes that seemed.....strange, for some reason. I tried to shake it off. I was just acting paraniod because of that stupid dream, only later did I realize how right I was about something being wrong, but it was too late by then.

"Well....I’ll do a few formations..." I put my hand out in front of me, that beautiful geometric design turning a shocking blue, and then suddenly there was a little ice dragon on the floor. I looked at him and smiled, he didn’t look very impressed.

"is that all-" he stopped midsentence when he saw what was happening. Well nothing much except the dragon growing drastically till it was bigger than the tree...oh and moving to come right behind me.....and blowing ice to completely freeze the tree. That's about it. He looked AMAZED and/or terrified. His mouth was moving but no sound was coming out, that was how impressed he was. He finally found his voice, and by that time I was smirking.

"WOW that was....really good." Really good? What is this guy? Crazy? That was fantastic! I could say because it had taken a lot of power out of me, and he thought it was "really good?!" I dint know how to respond so I just went with a "thanks" and made the dragon disappear as it looked at me sadly.

"well....I’ll catch you later then" ok.....that was weird, he was just going to leave? No compliments, no "Wow you rock!"..........nothing? what was up with him?

"Um...ok bye" I said,and he went away just like that! I was pretty annoyed but more exhausted than anything else. I couldn't think anymore so I went and sat under the tree again. I think I dozed off or something untill i felt someone shaking me violently. I opened my eyes slowly and reluctantly- swatting away the hand that was still shaking me and making me feel as if I was a phone on vibrate mode- My eyes took a few seconds to adjust to the sudden light but when I regained my sight I saw the most breathtaking thing in the world. If there was anything you wanted to be the first thing you open your eyes to, trust me when I say it would be Len.

"Hey," he said with a polite smile. "Wake up, did I really make you wait so long?"

What? What was this guy talking about? Didn’t we just meet a while ago? I rubbed my eyes and sat up straighter. I winced as a pain shot up my back for sleeping against a tree in the wrong position.

"I thought you had left....so I just-" I was stopped.

"Left? I just arrived! What are you talking about? And what happened to the tree?!" Yeah sure, I wasn't going to buy it, I was too tired even after the nap to be joked around with.

“Ha ha. Very funny. Listen, I’m going home, I’ll see you tomorrow" I got up and left.

"but I never saw your power-" he called from behind, I didn’t pay attention and went straight home and fell asleep.

********************************

HELLO!! *passes out kittens to all those who are reading* There! i hope you enjoyed! please vote and comment! (for the kitties sake? pweasee?) i love you all! 

editor: I’ll take one!! *takes the kitten* ITS GOING ON LOLCATS!!