Chapter 1

Long story short, Stiles was freaking out. Has been for weeks. The new school year was about to start and it was making her stomach hurt with a mixture of panic and anxiety. She might seem fine on the outside to those who don't know her, but to those who do they'll be able to tell that something is up. That's why she's been taking fort in her house. None of her friends questioned it or came 'round to visit. Though that was to be expected. Ever since Scott, Allison, and herself had sacrificed themselves for their parents awhile back, she had been avoiding the outside world as much as possible. Nobody came to check on her, though, mainly to her asking them not to. They thought this to be expected. The after-effect of being sacrificed was that a weight, a darkness almost, would be over the person's heart for the rest of their days, according to Deaton. Though, that's not what's having Stiles on the verge of a panic attack. It was the lack of control.

Stiles realised a couple days after the fact that she wasn't in control of her abilities. During the first couple of days she noticed that during that time period that her supernatural characteristics would flare. Sometimes when she brushed her teeth her "fangs" would be out, or when she had earbuds in and whatever she was listening to would suddenly get unnaturally loud, she knew her ears were out. Though, that's not what she was entirely worried about. It was her eyes. Her eyes would randomly glow purple at the weirdest of times and couldn't turn them off. Sometimes they'd flicker on and off. She'd used the sacrifices to make the excuse that she needed time to herself, which, was true only not for what the think. To be honest she was surprised that the werewolves didn't notice the slight increase of her heart rate. They were basically walking lie detectors, and the fact that they hadn't caught on was strange. Though, whether they didn't catch or did but didn't press her on it. So she's been around no one but her Dad for the past four weeks.

Stiles didn't have to worry about her Dad finding out, cause he already knew. He's the only one who knows about her. He's always known, for she was born that way. A mage, A shapeshifter, and, more specifically, a fox. He didn't question her when he saw her in fox form. She'd always wanted to tell Scott. From the moment they'd met she'd wanted to tell him. At the time he hadn't known about the supernatural. When he was bitten she knew that was her chance and a good one at that. But she didn't, she couldn't. She'd promised.

[Flashback]

Stiles was sitting in a chair next to the hospital bed holding her Mother's hand. She was

super pale and cold. Taking shallow breaths, she turned her head to face her daughter. Stiles had tears in her eyes as she watched her Mom's weak form move. "Mommy" she whispered, sniffling. Her Mother moved her free hand and cupped Stiles' cheek "Shhhh," she said, "Stiles, sweetheart, look at me." Stiles turned to meet her Mother's whiskey colored orbs with her own.

"My beautiful baby girl." she said rubbing her thumb up and down Stiles' cheek bone. "I love you so, so, so much." In response Stiles just sniffled again. "Hey," her Mother soothed, "hey, don't cry." Though Stiles was on the verge of tears. "Stiles, can you promise me something?" she asked. Stiles nodded, tears dripping down her face. "Promise me you'll never tell anyone about our little secret, no matter what. Can you do that?"

"Yes, Mommy," Stiles whispered tears flowing freely in streams down the young girl's face. "And," her Mother continued, "let your father know that I love him, and you, more than I can say. And that I'll be watching over you both." Stiles nodded. Her mother took an uneven breath and her grip loosened on her daughter's hand. "Mommy? Mommy?!"

Her Mom gave her a slight smile and murmured, "Remember, Stiles, remember." and with one last shuddering breath, the woman's eyes fluttered shut and her arm fell limp to her side. "Mommy? Mommy?!" Stiles was shaking the dead form in front of her. "No! Mommy! Please, you can't. Please!" The girl was sobbing hysterically and shouted at the top of her lungs. The machine next to her was beeping loudly in her ear and the sound of hurried footfalls was in the air, but she didn't hear any of it. Stiles was too busy drowning in the grief, panic, and fear she felt coursing through her body. It was overwhelming. She'd forgotten where she was. She couldn't think she couldn't breath. When warm strong arms wrapped around her she snapped out of her daze. The next second she was gasping and choking for air. As she sat in her father's arms experiencing her first panic attack.

The only thing she could think about was her promise.

[End Flashback]

Stiles didn't want to think about what could happen if she broke the promise she made with her Mom. She's been getting better at controlling it now that she's had time. Tomorrow she had school and would see her friends for the first time in weeks. She could only hope for the best. Praying to her Mother for help on this was as good as it was going to get. If her secret got everyone would hate her and she would have disappointed her Mom. Stiles can't have that happen. She couldn't.

A/N

So that's the first chapter. Please keep all nasty comments to yourself. This is my first writing and advice is hugely appreciated. Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

, NHTM_Fandoms_01