Chapter 7

Lukas paced back and forth, trying to calm his nerves. His mind coming up with endless possibilities that could be happening to Emil. He tried not to dwell on it, but nothing he did helped. The thoughts were always there, swirling around in his head, taunting him. Lukas hated it.

  "Norge, I'm sure he's fine." Matthias said trying to comfort the Norwegian. But he knew it was really no use. Lukas wouldn't calm down until Emil was here with them. But even knowing that, he was still going to try.

  "You know Arthur won't hurt him. Arthur won't hurt a child. He's probably just trying to get Emil as one of his colonies. Although it's not going to work." Matthias quickly added the last part, hoping Lukas didn't take his words wrongly.

  Lukas stopped pacing and just took a moment to glare at the Dane. He knew he was trying to help, but it wasn't working. He was so worried about his younger brother. Each time he was close to getting distracted, somehow Emil was back in his thoughts because he was reminded by something around him.

  "I just need to know he's okay." Lukas said slowly. His words almost made it past Matthias, because they were so quiet. He was about to open his mouth to speak but closed it again, choosing his words carefully for once.

  "We all do, Norge. We all want to know for sure that he's okay. That's why we're going to get him back." Matthias said, determination clear in his voice.

  Lukas looked at him for a moment before nodding slowly. They were one the same page. Lukas knew that Matthias was going to put all his effort into getting Emil back. The part that scared him was that he could tell Matthias was willing to give up his life if needed. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that, Lukas thought.

  "You're an idiot." Lukas said setting his forehead against the Dane's shoulder. He normally wouldn't be the one to make physical contact first, but this time it was different. Feeling so lost, Lukas craved for physical contact. Something so simple. Something that made sure the others were there with him.

  "If I'm an idiot, I'm at least your idiot, right?" Matthias asked wrapping his arms around the Norwegian and pulling him to his chest. Lukas' eyes widened slightly, and he was suddenly glad his face was hidden in the others shirt. He took a deep breath, taking in the others scent. Beer and pine, mixed with the salty smell of the sea.

  "I guess we'll have to see." Lukas said pulling away. Upon doing so he instantly missed the warmth of the others chest, but there was no way he would move back or show any sign as to he missed it. Even if he had to hold back a shiver that threatened travel up his spine.

  He turned away from the Dane, going to where Tino was at the helm. As soon as he joined Tino, he knew that the Finn had seen the whole exchange between him and Matthias. Lukas tell by the look on Tino's face. He was never the best at hiding stuff. His facial expression almost always gave him away.

  "You know, he really does care about you." Tino commented. "And I don't mean it like how we all care for each other. I mean he really cares for you."

  Lukas rose an eyebrow hearing not knowing what to think. Then Tino spoke again. "Just give it time, and you'll see." Lukas wasn't so convinced at the others words. But didn't speak against him.

🌎🌍🌏

I'm so sorry this took me a while to post and it's so short. But my inspiration for this story kind of died for a while. But I'm getting back into it and hopefully I'll update it again soon. Thank you for your patience.

           ~HetaliaFanfics55555