"SCREECH!!!!" It cried right in my face.

I stumbled backward and the chair fell over onto the ground.

"GERARD!!?? THERES A CRAZY BIRD IN YOUR HOUSE I DONT KNOW IF YOUR AWARE..." I shouted.

Gerard poked his head into the dining room and laughed.

"Oh no, that's just Fluffy, he's Ash's pet falcon."

I smiled and laughed nervously.

Then all of a sudden the door burst open and an extremely tall man bustled in. He faced me of all people in the room and scowled with one angry green eye I don't know what the other one was doing...It was kind of white-ish...and seemed distant.

"Gerard!? Why did you bring this fancy folk into my house? How many times have I gotta told ya!? Don't talk to strangers, and don't bring them into the house! It's the third time this week!" The man complained in a gruff voice.

Gerard looked to the floor and blushed. I laughed. I inspected the man a bit further. He seemed to be in his early thirties. He had gleaming silver hair, not from age, but from experience, and a deep gash over his right eye, the white one. He wore a torn up leather falconer jacket and a falconer glove made of dark brown leather. 

"Who are you anyway?" Ash asked me.

I was about to answer when Gerard spoke up.

"Her name is Ivy and she's my friend."

Ash raised one silver eyebrow, then smiled.

"Ah, I see what's going on here...you've got a girlfriend."

Gerard blushed red as a cherry and I did the same. We both spoke at the same time to cover up what he had said.

"No no no, she's just a friend, I met her yesterday!"

"No way. I'm just his friend!"

Ash started laughing hoarsely. 

"Well, your welcome to stay as long as you like...as long as you willing to put in the work." Ash whispered.

Gerard grinned at me, then turned to Ash.

"Where are the twins?" He asked.

"Oh you know...somewhere." Ash replied.

The bird that was perched on the table shifted his eyes to Ash and gave off sort of a welcoming screech, then he dive bombed onto Ash's arm that was outstretched for him. Ash ruffled the bird's feathers affectionately.

"There's a good birdie." 

I looked at Gerard and he shrugged.

Then out of nowhere two boys hurtled themselves through the open window and right in front of the steaming, tiny stove. Then they started making tiny gun noises and pretended shooting at each other. They seemed about nine or ten. The both had bright red, messy hair and the same green eyes. Their faces were covered in freckles that made them look younger than they probably were. They stopped shooting abruptly when they saw me. They just kind of stared at me for a while, then turned expectantly to Ash.

"Brother brought home another stranger?" The one on the right asked.

Ash laughed.

"No, this here is Ivy, she's our houseguest, a friend of Gerard's."

The twins looked back at me with wide, curious green eyes. I decided to smile at them. They smiled back slightly, although I could tell they were nervous.

"Gee papa, I've never had a girl stranger before...how you 'posed to feed 'em?"

At this me and Gerard burst out laughing. Ash smiled.