The Hunt

(This picture belongs to Johan-N on the Home series, DeviantArt. Go check it out its really good!)

-Felix's Pov-

'Where was he?' I thought as I pace my movements. Treading back and forth, until I couldn't even recognize my tracks in the mud. I then heard the small stomps and pants of a tired wolf, hurdling himself towards me. "Mark?" I stand tall, looking down on him with concerned but blank face. "Sorry.. I.. *gasps*didn't..*pants* realize wh-" I cut him off telling him to save his breath and stamina for the hunt. I make sure I have everything and then we set out into the forest to find something worthy for the pack initiation.

(Ignore the castle 😝)

-Mark's Pov-

'We were treading the sun packs territory for hours. Its almost dusk. (Before a sunset) We past multiple great bucks but Felix said he was track one 'special' buck. I had a feeling he was lost because I saw the same tree three times in a row, that or all the trees look the same. I've been told that the guardian of the forest was a ghost buck. And he made all the forests look the same to confuse predators. Come to thing of it ar-'

"Get low and look left now." Felix suddenly dropped to a crouch. Stalking his prey. "Flank right, and when I tell you to. Run out from the bushes and wound its hind legs. Got it?" Felix looked at me. I nodded. "Good now go. Quickly, and don't let it see you." Felix said going left as I went right. I could see him through the bushes. His eyes looked so focused, and as if noting could break his concentration. I stalked forward getting a closer look at our target.

It looked like it was wounded already, I long gaping cut, ran down its right thigh

It looked like it was wounded already, I long gaping cut, ran down its right thigh. I felt bad for the creature. But alas I needed to get food for the pack. I moved slowly towards the creature, slightly coming into its view.

-Felix's Pov-

I saw Mark stalking closer. 'He should've made the kill by now. What was taking so long?' Then I thought, 'Its Mark's initiation, let him hunt.'

I decided it was his kill and I backed up. Mark had full view of me so I flicked my ear telling him its his kill. I stood back and watched.

-Mark's Pov-

'Felix just gave me permission to take the kill. What was he doing? I've never done this before what if I fail? Will he step in to help? Or am I on my own?' I questioned my thoughts but then realized I've stayed in the same spot for too long. I clear my thoughts and continue to stalk towards the deer.

I strike at its haunches, delivering a forceful bite. The creature shrieked in pain and fell on its knees. (Btw for those who don't know, haunches are the back legs and the knees are the front legs. And when they fall on there knees they do it like a horse. Knees first then the back legs.) Once it was down, I saw its eyes wide but blank. Frantically looking around searching for an escape. But there was none, fore I had just latched onto its neck biting as hard as I could. Ripping at its neck, tearing the flesh. I released the deer to see its eye blank. No longer searching for a last resort. Felix then came out of the bush, which he was hiding in. "Good kill, its almost dark so help me get this doe back to camp so we can feast!" Felix said biting one of the antlers. I latched onto one as well and we started to pull dragging the doe in the direction of camp.

Done! Hope you like it, more coming soon!!