\1/

Main Characters: Finley, Age 16. Kenzie, age 15

I lay my head on the table, waiting for class to be over. It was Friday today, and I have a busy and fun weekend. My old friend, Talia, is supposed to be at my house. She moved away earlier this year, and we've been in touch ever since. She's one of the bestest friends anyone could ask for, but she's moving farther, and is happening to come this way. I raise my head to hear my teacher start talking about a project we will be doing over the weekend with an assigned partner.

"Now, you may have learned is in 6th grade, but you will making something that is apart of the Chinese culture. I expect you to work with your assigned partner, and not give all the work to them. You will present your piece of work on Monday. A paper of your partners is pasted on the door. Feel free to check now." Finished the teacher. Everyone rushed up, shoving and doing whatever they can to see who they were with. I heard a few 'yes!'s and a few 'ugh's. I slowly walked up and saw the list. I searched for my name. I found my name, Finley, and moved my gaze over to my right, and it said Kenzie. She was the girl in the way back of class every day, but the first one in. She was always daydreaming, reading, or drawing. She always kept her drawings or what she was reading private. I looked around and spotted her in the very, very back. She was wearing a baggy dark pink hoodie with some baggy grey sweat pants. She had wavy cotton candy pink  hair, and sky/baby blue eyes. She was drawing something, her hand and pencil gliding smoothing along the paper. I walked up to her and tapped the table next to her hand. She jumped, and crumpled the piece of paper.

"Uh, hi. I'm your partner for the project. She looked up at me with her now bright red cheeks.

"Oh, ok." She spoke quietly, but her voice sounded like soft music. How I'm describing her clearly says I have a crush on her, and I do. She probably doesn't like me back.

"Maybe, since it's the weekend, do you wanna come over to my house so we can work on the project?" I asked. Her cheeks turned redder as she nodded a yes. I felt my heart skip a beat from happiness. She's coming over, yes! The bell suddenly rang.

"Meet me outside of school so we can walk back together!" I say as I start exiting the room, all my stuff accompanying me. I can tell this weekend will be fantastic!

***

"Hey mom! I'm home!" I tell my mom. She looks up from her work and smiles.

"Welcome back! Who's this that has joined you?" She asks. I put my arm around Kenzie, causing her to flinch.

"This is Kenzie! She's my partner for this project we have to make over he weekend." I announce. My mom nods in approval. She points to a gigantic plate of cookies.

"You girls might as well take those to your room. I'll be down here if you need anything." She tells us. I grab the plate and Kenzie's hand and drag her upstairs to my room. I open the door to my room, the first door up there and let her inside. My walls were blue, faint white clouds on them. My bed was covered with a fuzzy white blanket and white pillows. It's all accompanied by a shiny black desk, shelves, and closet door. I drag over two pink bean bags over to a small table I set up with the cookie platter on them. I motion her to sit down, and she accepts the invitation.

"So what do you want to do? What do you want to start with?" I ask. She looks at the plate of cookies, then back at me.

"I'll start with eating some cookies...?" She says, ending it like a question.

"That's fine! I should have one too." I say, grabbing one. She grabs two hand-fulls of cookies, each holding about 3. She quickly devours them, some of the melted chocolate left on her face, but I don't tell her, it makes her look more adorable. I quickly look over her. I now notice she has an almost double chin, and it looks like something is popping out under it, but being covered by her sweat pants, straining against something.