My fingers ran over the smooth metal of the badge.

PREFECT was written in bold, outstanding letters flying across the middle of the badge. It was surrounded by silver behind it, which was then placed on the colour of each of our houses. Of course, me being Slytherin, mine was a lush green.

Eagerly, I fiddled with the pin and clipped it onto my robe as the other girls did the same.

{}

"I'll see you back at the dorm," I said, lifting my hand as I waved casually.

"Yeah, have fun," Sophie let out a small, innocent giggle as she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

I rolled my eyes, only earning another laugh from her. My lips twitched into a smile as she sauntered off down the corridor.

"Primrose?" A deep, raspy voice called out from behind me.

I twisted around, finding Malfoy further down the corridor.

"Hey," I said, waiting for him to catch up which he eventually did.

"Hello," he greeted, his silvery blonde hair glistening ever so slightly. "So, looks like we're gonna be spending a lot of time together this year, right?"

"It does look that way," I let my lips stretch into a hidden smile as I focused on the stone floor of the castle.

We were making our way to the 3rd floor of the Hogwarts castle where we were to prefect for the night.

I sneaked a secret glance at Malfoy. He was also wearing an amused smile as he dug his hands into his robe.

"He often do you sneak out, Malfoy?" I asked, my curiosity getting the better of me.

He let out a frustrated sigh, running a hand through his luxurious hair. I thought I must've said something wrong as his reaction was harsh.

"Do me a favour, call me Draco. I hate it when people call me Malfoy." He said kicking the floor as we came to some twisty stairs which we trekked up.

"Why don't you tell everybody else that? Even the teachers call you Malfoy." I quizzed, although his attitude towards the name was understandable.

The Malfoy name had a big reputation, and I had no doubt that Draco was under a lot of pressure to keep the name alive.

"It's too much. Most people call you Snape right? Don't you hate it how you can't make your own reputation? You've got to follow a specific life that's already been built up for you," he rambled on.

It was fair to say, I think Draco was going through a bit of a teenage existential crisis that day.

"I mean, my dads harsh but he's always wanted me to make my own life. Although, I know truthfully that he wants the Snape name to live longer than his generation." I sighed loudly.

I had a lot of pressure, carrying on a know name like that in the wizarding world would be tough. Although carrying on the famous Malfoy name would destroy me. I couldn't live with the fact that my whole life would be planned out for me.
Especially when it was planned by a family of death eaters.

"I shouldn't even be talking to you. Especially about this." He groaned, the annoyance thick in his voice.

"I'm not gonna tell anyone, Draco," I spoke reassuringly.

His ears perked up when he heard his name said by me. He tilted his head to me and I did the same. Without saying anything else, his lips turned into a smile.