Chapter 7: Stuck in a traffic jam

I walked hastily over to my car, wanting desperatly to get away from this place. Once in the car i began my 30 minute drive home, which would be longer due to the traffic jam..

"Why does he treat me like that? It's not like im a baby! I'm 5'11 and i weigh 195 (Most of its muscle trust me)? is that a baby? Does a baby have striking blue eyes, and dirty blonde hair? no, no a baby does not." i thought, as i was stuck in traffic.

"I mean really? I write stories and i was supposed to be a proffesional basketball player before i tore my rotary cuff. Could a baby do that? no, no it couldnt!" i thought, seeming to get more angry as time progressed.

"How could he talk to me like that? He's only 5'4 and like.. 230 something pounds. Shouldnt he be SCARED of me? Shouldnt he be NICE to me? His brown eyes and brown hair (or lack of hair... since he already have a bald spot) arent exactly the most "scary features". in fact, why am i even worried about this guy? I can take him, I can take him easily!" and with that, i was left fuming with the desire to physically hurt my boss.

*BZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz      bzzzzzzzzzzzz.. bz bzzzz bzzzzzz*

i pick my phone out of my pocket,

"hello? This is Derek Wagner speaking."

"Hey Derek, its Martha.." she said, not knowing if i'd answer back.

"oh hi Martha... how have you been?" i said, not sure how to respond.

You see, Martha was one of my.. "Sex buddies" as you would call it. We used to be really close and then... She moved away, and i stopped calling her.

"Oh you know... Just raising the kids on my own, My husband left me a few months ago, so.. look, Derek, let me get straight to the point. The kids need a father, and i was thinking maybe you could fill in that slot? Just pretend to be their dad for a while, Please?" She said, begging me to say yes.

"why me?" was all i could think of at the moment.

"Because Derek, you are the only guy i would trust with my kids." she said

"But we were just.. you know... sex partners, how am i the only guy you could trust with your kids?" i said, just a bit confused.

"I could just tell okay, i knew you were special, i knew you would make a great father. Please Derek?"

"Look Martha I've gotta go.." i said, and then i abruptly hung up the phone, leaving her no time to object.

Two girls from my past, in the past week.. what did i do to deserve this?