Fateful Encounter

Fateful Encounter

Lyca's POV

I was bored... like very bored.

I was on my way to the studio of the voice kids and there was nothing to do.

I was asked by Coach Bamboo to assisst in tutoring his team in the upcoming battles.

It was a 2 hour drive from my house to the studio so all I could do was stare out the window as we drove along.

Then we passed by a park.

Everytime I see a park I would always go back to that day.

It's been 8 years he's forgotten you already. I said to myself.

A lot has happened within these past 8 years, how can I begin to tell?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I came back to my parents after meeting Justin my smile was so wide I looked like a maniac.

"Hey, why are you smiling?" My older brother asked me.

"Nothing." I said while trying not to smile.
.
.
.
It didn't work.

"Oyyyyy. Nakikilig siya. Did you meet someone?"

"Yes."

"A boy?"

"Y-yes."

"Oyyyyyy. Ayieeeeeee. Lyca has a boyfriend! Lyca has a boyfriend!" He kept shouting.

"Oy tama na yan." Mom said eyeing my brother to stop.

Then Mom told me they had something to tell me.

We then packed up everything and headed back to our car.

I still had the guitar pick in my hand, I didn't want to lose it.

"Lyca, we have special news for you." My Mom said when we were back inside our house.

"Ano po?"

"Were moving."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Ano!?!!?" Sumigaw ako unintentionally.

"Bakit nagviolent reaction ka Lyca?" Tanong ni kuya.

My mind wasn't in the right place, I wasn't thinking at all.

"Lyca baby are you okay?" Mom asked.

"N-no, NO!!! A-a-ayaw ko!!!" I said not even afraid of letting go of my tears.

"Lyca we don't have a choice, we have to." Mom said reassuring me trying to hold me to comfort me.

"N-no, no, no, NO!!!!" I said running to my room.

All I heard was my Mom and my Kuya calling out to me.... but I ignored them.

I wanted to be alone....
.
.
.
.
.
I couldn't leave
.
.
.
.
I didn't want to leave.

After I promised him I would see him everyday.
.
.
.
.
I couldn't
.
.
.
All I could do was just stare at the ceiling holding the guitar pick between my hands and closing my eyes hoping and praying everything will be alright......

The next day we moved just as plan as much as I tried to stop it we still continued.

But in the long run it was a good decision.

I had a better education and my parents had better jobs and I couldn't argue with that.

I didn't forget about him of course, he wasn't easy to forget.

I still feel his hand intertwined with mine, how he looked at me with those deep brown eyes.

I've always kept the pick with me at all times. When I go to school, at home at the mall you name it I take it everywhere with me.