They nodded and disappeared.

"What can I do?" Dominic asked.

I placed my hand on Jeremy's forehead. It was burning hot.

"You need to rest, Dominic. Believe it or not, less than an hour ago you were dead," I said, as Jeremy moaned again.

"I'm fine, Ella. I need to help."

"You need to rest," I said, looking at him.

But the look he had on his face told me he wasn't going to listen to me.

He was about to speak when Ricky and Jake came back.

"We...um...found something you should see," Jake said, his face pale.

Ok...?

I heard Jeremy groan again.

"OK, Dominic, want to do something? You and Jake take Jeremy upstairs and see if there's a room he can stay in. Ricky, show me what I need to see."

They nodded and I followed Ricky to the basement.

"So what do you want to show me?" I asked, as he took me to the far back of the room.

"That."

I turned and covered my mouth to stop myself from screaming.

It was a body. A dead body.

An elderly man with a white beard was sitting in the corner of the basement with a kitchen knife in his stomach. His eyes were wide open and his mouth hanging, as if gasping for air. His hands were on the knife, as if he'd stabbed himself.

"Oh. My. God," was I could say.

I could tell the body was starting to decay because of the smell.

"What do you want me to do with it?"

I let out a sigh.

"Get it out of here. We have enough to worry about without suicide."

I turned and start jogging up the stairs when I stopped.

"Ricky?"

"Yeah?" he said as he walked over to the body.

"Throw it over the fence."

He looked at me for a second before nodding.

********************************************************************************************

I closed the door softly, making sure I wouldn't wake Jeremy up. When I turned around, Dominic, Alyssa, Ricky, Jake, and Lizzie were all staring at me.

"How is he?" Lizzie asked, a worried look on her face.

"He has a fever and he's shaking uncontrollably," I said, looking at the ground.

"I don't get it. It's been hours. How is he alive?" Jake asked.

I was asking myself the same question.

"He said he was scratched, right?" Dominic said. "Maybe he's not turning at all."

"Or maybe he's turning slowly," Jake spat out.

"You know what, Jake, I'm done with your negativity!" Dominic yelled.

Jake laughed. "Negativity? I'm being realistic. He's gonna turn into a Zombie. Everyone who's been bitten has turned!"

"Well, he wasn't bitten!" Dominic yelled back.

"Yeah, well why is he sick? Huh? It's pretty obvious! He's gonna die!"

I couldn't take it anymore.

"Just shut up!" I yelled, a tear rolling off my cheek. "Everyone just shut up!" They all turned to me and I couldn't stop the tears from falling. "Just shut up," I whispered, falling to my knees.

I buried my face in my hands and cried.

"Ella. Don't-don't cry," I heard Jake say.

"It's all my fault," I said, looking up. "It's my fault he's dying."

"No, Ella, don't think like-"

I cut Dominic off.

"Like what?" I yelled. "He got hurt because he saved me! If I hadn't tripped and if-if I wasn't slow and behind everyone, he

wouldn't be sick right now."

"Ella," Alyssa whispered, falling next to me. "He's gonna get better."

I looked at my best friend.

"And what if he doesn't?"