B A C K B U T S A F E

Start from the beginning

"Well, I guess we could all...nap," Fangirl suggested.

~~~

Cassie and Papisuu ended up taking out the crossed out portraits and putting back the normal ones.

Seafoam seemed to bubble up and foam in everyone's brains; they were all sleepy and sheepish.

Papisuu had taken refuge on one of the couches, upside down, her teal hair touching the floor as she slept.

Cassie lay down on the carpets that surrounded the living room, feeling the soft cyan and teal carpets beneath her hands and neck.

Winslow laid by her side, sleeping peacefully.

Lizzie went into the kitchen to make more hot cocoas, while Stampy came along to help.

The two now sat with Stacy, and they all huddled into a few blankets they had found on the ground, sipping their hot cocoa.

Dawson, unsure of exactly where to go, ended up curled up near a window, and had nodded off.

Fangirl ended up sitting next to her, looking out of the foggy lavender coral window, sipping her hot cocoa.

Liv and Phoenix sat on the floor.

"Okay, ready, rock paper, sci- no, Liv, I keep telling you, you go after scissors, not on scissors."

"Well that's how I play it."

Boredom ended up snoring next to the backpacks after changing into pjs, which were stuffed into one of the backpacks.

Cassie looked around with a sense of home.

She had made the place look nicer' she had expanded the entrance and/or living room, and replaced the gravel and stone with wood, and the floor was now covered in cyan carpets.

She had made a long staircase leading up to the second floor, and then the almost non-existent third floor.

She had pushed back the dining room to another corner, surrounded by dark oak blocks.

Another area next to them had the foggy window which sat Fangirl and Dawson, still cyan carpeted.

Overall, the place seemed bigger, sure, but since it was now holding more people, Cassie didn't feel so...alone.

But she still wasn't sure whether that was a good thing or not. After all, she was still Cassie.

"It's still pretty early," Fangirl commented. By now Dawson had stirred, yawning lightly.

"I know...I can't believe it."

Fangirl smiled, almost sadly.

"You guys really have to tell me what happened after I died. Seriously, I have only 20% clue what's going on."

Dawson laughed sleepily.

"We will."

On the other side of the room, Stacy got up and went over to Cassie, nudging her shoulder with her foot.

Cassie stood awkwardly.

"Yeah?"

"I just..." Stacy looked down.

"Thank you."

Cassie was so taken aback she nearly fainted. No way. This wasn't coming out of Stacy's mouth.