after a few moments, jacob could hear soft snores come from the boy and small noises from him sucking on the pacifier. before jacob left, he leaned down and kissed his forehead and slowly stood up, trying not to wake troye. 

_______

troye somehow managed to stay asleep throughout the rest of the day to the early morning the next day. he woke up at about 6:30 and immediately missed jacob. the boy wasnt feeling little but he was always happy and safe around the older man.

he sent a text to jacob, almost immediately getting a reply.

troye: i miss you lots already ):

jakey: aw baby, i miss you too. why are you up so early? did you sleep good?

troye giggled at his response for no reason, only because he made the small boy happy.

      troye: i didnt wake up yesterday at allll, i mustve been really really sleepy so thats why im up early!

jakey: ahhh, well love i have to get to work but i will text you when i can, alright?

troye: mhm, bye jakey x

jakey: bye baby x

_______

troye read a book in the living room, trying to make time pass by quicker so he could see jacob sooner. it was around 9:30 when the boys bestfriend walked into the living room and slumped down on the couch next to him.

connor sighed, "hi tro, sleep good?" troye nodded and gave a little side hug to his friend. "i slept good but now i feel really fucking exhausted." connor chuckled and stood up, "mmm troyyyye your lucky your daddy isnt here to hear you say that." connor laughed loudly as troye blushed a deep red.

"oops," troye set his book down and followed connor to the kitchen. the small boy lifted his body up onto the counter while he watched the other boy make tea.

"speaking of daddy, hows jacob?" troye laughed, "hes really really nice and he kinda reminds me of a big soft teddy bear," they both quietly giggled. "im glad that hes treating you nicely, if he treats you anything like that bastard did, i swear he better run fast and far-," troye winced at connors words and shook his head, cutting him of. "hes alright con, jacobs different."

connor nodded and poured the hot water from the kettle into a tea cup, "did you want a cup? i noticed that you have to leave in a few minutes." the smaller boy smiled, "nope, im good thankyou con." 

troye slipped his shoes on and a purple jacket over his work uniform. he had to wear a black shirt with the coffee shops name over the shirt pocket along with black pants.

______

when the boy walked into the small coffee shop he was immediately met with a big hug from kayla, almost being lifted off of the ground. "troye!!" troye giggled and hugged her back tightly, "hi kay!" kayla let go and walked back over to the counter, "i missed you alot, oh! we have a new worker named brayden." 

troye nodded and walked towards the door into the back of the shop, only to be almost hit with the door flying open, " kayl- oh!" troye stumbled back, almost falling but was quickly grabbed by the mysterious boy that almost hit him. troye flinched at the sudden squeeze on his shoulders. 

"im so sorry! are you alright?" troye looked up and nodded mumbling a quiet sorry. "im brayden, im guessing youre troye?" the smaller boy nodded and shrank back away from the tight grip on his shoulders which made brayden pull his arms back, "oh! sorry!" 

"its okay, and yes im troye." troye didnt feel really safe with brayden, he didnt know why but he just felt weird. "sorry for almost hitting you," brayden moved and held the door open for troye, "thankyou." troye mumbled and walked through the door, hurrying to the staff bathroom. 

he didnt undersand why he was so shaken up about the way brayden tighty gripped his shoulders, it mustve just brought back past memories. troye dialed jacobs number, his hands slightly shaking. jacob answered after a few rings, "baby? whats up?" thats when troye started crying. 

jacob gasped, "troye, whats wrong? are you alright? are you safe?" jacobs voice was filled with concern as he hurried out of the room he was about to have a meeting in. "j-jakey," the boys breaths were sort and shaky not fully understanding what was happening. "troye i need you to take deep breaths, breathe in for four seconds and then breathe out for four seconds, can you do that for me baby?" troye hummed and yes and shakily took deep breaths while jacob whispered soft words through the phone. "i-i think im a little better now, im sorry." jacob smiled and softly talked to the smaller boy through the phone. 

"love, you dont have to say sorry, youve done nothing wrong. im on my way, are you at the coffee shop?"  troye didnt want to tear jacob away from work but after his panic attack, all he wanted to do was be held by jacob. "mhm." 

jacob pulled up to the shop, quickly getting out and sprinting inside. kayla turned around, suprised to see jacob in such a hurry, "jacob wh-," jacob immediately cut her off, "wheres troye?" kayla looked confused and pointed to the door to the back, "what happened?" jacob didnt answer so she sent a confused expression towards brayden who was even more confused. 

_____

jacob made it to the back and heard small sniffles from the bathroom. he lightly knocked on the door, "troye, can you open the door?" he heard the boys feet scramble on the floor and the door whipped open. the smaller boy jumped up into jacobs arms, still sniffling quietly. "daddy i-i wanna stay w-wif you," small hiccups escaped troyes mouth as he spoke. "okay angel, but you have to tell me what happened."

troye nodded and layed his head on jacobs shoulder, "b-bwayden walked out the door andand almost made me fall on accident so h-he tried to catch me a-and he tightwy grabbed my shoulders. m-my old daddy used to do that really hard, a-and i got scared." the boy started quietly crying again and jacob softly hushed his cries. whos brayden?

jacob carried troye out of the bathroom and back out to the front counter, kayla look extremely worried for her friend. "is he alright? what happened?" brayden quickly spoke up, "im so sorry if i upset troye, did i hurt him? im really sorry if i did." troye lifted up his head and tiredly smiled at brayden. "its otays," jacob layed troyes head back down on his shoulder. "something mightve brought back some bad memories, its alright though." 

"he can go home for the day, im sure brayden and i have got this all. not too busy today." jacob nodded at kayla and troye tried wiggling out of jacobs arms to go hug kayla. "byebye kaya," he walked over to jacob and grabbed his hand and said another goodbye, "byebye brayden." 

"daddy can i go wif you to your work? pwease?" jacob nodded, happy that his little boy was feeling a bit happier. "of course my pretty prince, but you have to listen and be on your best behavior!" troye leaned to jacob and kissed his cheek, "pwomise."

______

wowza this is almost 2000 words also sorry if its bad or messy welp