Balance (End)

‘If you could have one wish, what would it be?’

Yona struggles to breathe, trying to push the woman off her.

‘One wish, just one. Don’t waste it.’

She manages to kick the woman’s ribs and tries to stand.

‘Careful, though. Choose your words right, or something unfortunate might happen.’

She begins running, screams lost in the miles of forest surrounding her.

‘Oh, you want that? Just that?’

Yona panics, hearing footsteps behind her. She continues to go as fast as she can, beginning to feel a bit dizzy. She stills suddenly, before dropping to the ground with a groan.

‘Alright, but you must drink this before you get your wish granted.’

A shadow falls over her. It begins dragging the girl away, towards a building.

‘There you go. Come now, the door is open for you.’

The woman chuckles as she ties the girl up once more. “Asking to be let go was quite idiotic. Where can you run to when you’re in the middle of the woods?”

She begins sharpening a knife, the sound of steel on steel echoing throughout the cottage. “Also, didn’t your parents ever teach you to never take drinks from a stranger? It could be drugged, for goodness’ sake!”

Yona starts coming to, to the woman’s delight.

“Honestly, you weren’t the first to ask for that. Some ask for a weapon, some beg me to not kill them…” She sighs, approaching the tied up girl.

“There’s always loopholes so I can get what I want, you see. To be fair, this is your fault for being greedy.” The woman crouches down, and strokes Yona’s hair. “This is why greed is a deadly sin.”

“I love granting wishes, you know. That way, when I grant my own, it balances out. So, don't you think it's time for your payment?”