two.

A/N: I've only written two chapters for this but I caved lol.

****

"Grassi, you will be working with Hoying-"

Mitch immediately looks up at Mrs. Penny with wide eyes.

Oh no. That sounds like a bad idea!

"Uh, Mrs. Penny? Is that such a good idea?" Kirstie asks, instantly seeing the worry in Mitch's eyes.

"Why would you ask that?" Mrs. Penny asks curiously, glancing over at Kirstie.

"They're both disabled, have you forgotten? They're going to have... a difficult time working together," Kirstie says, frowning. "I think it's a little unfair to have them partnered up."

"I think they will be just fine," Mrs. Penny says.

Mitch glances over at Scott, but Scott's only staring down at his hands, and Mitch can't help but feel a little bad for the guy because he's the new kid and he's disabled just like him. Mitch can only imagine how difficult his first day is going. Mitch wants to be able to make his school experience better.

But, how can he when he's in the exact same boat as him?

Well, Mitch can't just give up on him. He knows how that feels.

So, what do you want to do our project on?

Mitch looks over at Scott and watches as he thinks before writing again.

We can make a poster about Shakespeare.

"Too boring. I'm sure someone else will already be doing that," Scott mumbles.

Mitch frowns, and he continues to think. He looks around the room for a few seconds and then he smiles, and looks over at Scott before he starts writing something down again.

What about J.K. Rowling? She's the author of Harry Potter, and she's also very famous. I've already read all of her books and I've seen the movies. Everybody loves her, don't they?

"Okay, but how are we going to create a poster about her?" Scott asks.

Easy. We gather a bunch of facts and pictures about her and write an essay as well.

"Well, I call dibs on writing the essay," Scott says.

Mitch rolls his eyes. Of course he would have to do all the hard work.

Fine. I spend most of my time online anyways so I'll just get some facts, and send some stuff to you.

"Um, maybe we should do this together? It's due in two weeks and I don't want to fail my first assignment. Can't we just... go over to each other's house?" Scott asks, biting his lip.

Okay. Should I come over to your house today?

Scott nods. "My aunt doesn't like me going to other people's houses because it might not be easy for me,"

That's fine. I'll just have to check with my mom about coming over.

Scott sighs as he reads the note and then pushes it away.

Mitch frowns as he watches him, and instantly sees the sadness in his eyes.

Mitch gently taps on Scott's shoulder and shows him the note.

Can I have your number so I can text you later?  

"I'm not allowed to give my number out to people so you'll just have to come over sometime after school. I'll give you my address-" Scott grabs the pen from Mitch and writes down his address.