Chap 59

Chapter fifty-nine

Margeux's POV

Hours past and she was laying in bed, with her eyes focused on the ceiling while Max softly snored from next to her.

Her fingers intertwined with each other as she pretended they were his. Zayn's.

A smile played at her lips as she thought about the kiss but she decided against it.

Days past and she met her teammates and her coaches and did some team bonding to keep her mind off of things.

Kenzie and Rick had already left, but they had breakfast before they left at their hotel. They skyped her after they finished telling Rae. And then Rae called her later at midnight and sobbed to her on the phone.

She'd lay awake at night thinking about him. About Zayn.

She sent him a text saying that she missed him, but he didn't reply and so she went out for a jog at four in the morning.

Weeks past and classes had begun. She got the hang of it and enjoyed most of her classes. She didn't talk to anyone and she was okay with that.

Darius came around a lot, and he always brought Charlie. Or Charlie brought himself. She wasn't sure.

The talk about her and Zayn and even Harry died down, and she had gained half a million twitter followers online.

So she deleted it.

Kenzie called her more often, and Jones looked after her for Margeux. Rae was still adjusting, but she was making it.

Stacy skyped her from Texas and she was happy. She loved Texas Tech and they swore they'd hang out when she returned home for thanksgiving.

Rodney was in the process of getting a divorce, and he promised he'd come visit one day, but they would text. She'd give him some words of encouragement while he returned the favor with digital e cards that made her laugh.

Nadine started to get super busy with her internship and they hadn't really talked, but from what she knew, she was chatting up with some guy.

Her mind thought about Zayn a lot and about what he was doing. Sometimes she would see a one direction poster somewhere or she'd see them on a magazine and she would buy it just so she could stare at Zayn.

She got brave one day and called him, but when she realized it was later over there in England she hung up and decided never to call again unless it was him. So she sent a text saying that she wanted to talk, but he didn't reply.

Months past and she was in the best shape of her life. She decided to dedicate her time to soccer since that's what she was there for.

Charlie tagged along most of the time and the hatred that was once there transformed into a friendship.

She had fully moved on from Jerry and she hadn't heard from him since the day he left her. But she was glad.

Unfortunately for her, Zayn took over the majority of her thoughts, and it didn't help that she saw one direction nearly everywhere.

It was December and the soccer season was midway and the team was going strong.

She had just finished playing the last game before Christmas break and they had won 2-0.

After taking a shower in the locker room, she changed into a pair of sweats and a NYU hoodie. Her hair had grown somewhat, and she was now able to pull it back into a short ponytail.

"Going home?" her teammate Sasha asked.

"Yeah tomorrow actually," she answered as she grabbed her bag.