Chapter One

Gillian

"Mulder, it's me," I said into my cell. "Where are you?"
    There was a pause as I pretended to give Mulder a chance to speak.
    "Okay. I'll be right there."
    "Cut!" the director yelled. "Great job, Gill."
    "Thanks," I said, peering over my shoulder.
    "Take 5," the director told me. "Let's get the bed scene set up!" he directed to the lift crew.
    I sighed tiredly as I took a seat on the couch set up in the backstage area. I saw I had a new text from Oscar. I miss you Mommy. I smiled. I wished I didn't have to leave him and Felix for so long.
    "Hey girl." David plopped down on the couch next to me.
    I quickly shut my phone off. "Hey."
    "How are your boys?" David asked, gesturing to the iPhone in my hand.
    I sighed heavily. "They're doing fine. I miss them a lot though."
    "I'm sure." He scooted in closer. "You made a really big sacrifice to film this season."
    "I know."
    "Gillian, David, we're ready for you," Jordan, one of the backstage crew workers called out.
    David stood up, offered me his hand and smiled. "Shall we?"
    I giggled, took his hand, and rose from the couch. The two of us walked back to the stage together. A fluffy bed was set up as well as a wooden table with two chairs and a bottle of wine. This was it. The sex scene.
    Unlike some people would expect, I wasn't nervous. David and I have known each other since 1993. We don't see each other that often, seeing that he lives in New York and I live in London, but we're really good friends.
    "You ready for this alien baby baby mama?" he asked, a perverted smile on his face.
    I playfully smacked him in the ass. "Shut up."
    David took a seat at the table and I stood just outside of the scene, right in front of the door.
    "Action!" the director yelled out.
    I knocked on the door twice.
    "It's open," Mulder called out.
    Slowly, I turned the doorknob and stepped inside. "Mulder what did you call-" I stopped short, gazing at the scene in front of me. "What's going on? I thought we were here to work on the Chewbacca case."
    "We can do that tomorrow," Mulder replied. "You deserve some downtime, Scully. All of us do."
    I slowly stepped inside. "What exactly are you suggesting?"
    "Mulder smiled. "Come join me." He gestured towards the chair opposite of him.
    "Mulder, are you okay?" I asked skeptically, channeling my inner-Scully.
"Come on, Scully," Mulder said mysteriously. "One glass isn't going to kill you."
I took a deep breath. "I admit that this case is stressing me out, but are you sure it's a good idea to drink?"
"It'll help," Mulder insisted. "You'll be able to focus better when you're not so tense."
"You think I'm tense?" I asked, feigning surprise.
"Come on, Scully." Mulder lifted the bottle of wine and poured two glasses. "You're not going to make me kill this bottle alone, are you?"
I felt myself sigh. "Fine."
"Cut!" the director commanded. "Great scene. Costume change."
I awkwardly glanced over at David. He looked up and stared into my eyes, and I blushed. It wasn't that I minded getting undressed in front of David- he'd seen me naked many times- but I hated being naked on film. I had been in my bra for TV before, but I hated how Hollywood portrayed women as sexual creatures.
Back in my dressing room, I stripped out of my Scully white blouse and pencil skirt and then changed out of my T shirt bra and boyshorts and into a black, Victoria's Secret triangle bra and sexy, lacy cheeksters. I looked at myself in the mirror. In my 20s, I'd been really self conscious about my body, but I'd since learned to love myself just the way I was.
David was back on set, topless and clad in a pair of grey boxers. When he saw me, his eyes lit up. "Dana Scully's getting undressed."
I glared at him. "Haha, very funny."
"Lie down here," Chris instructed, looking at David. Chris then instructed me to get on top of him. "And Gill, you right here."
We were covered from our waists down by a white sheet, which I was thankful for, but there was still action happening on top.
"Action!" the director yelled out.
David and I began passionately kissing. We'd kissed before- as Mulder and Scully and as friends- so it wasn't too awkward. But this scene was more than just a kiss. It was a full-on makeout session.
David licked my face and started sucking my neck. I shut my eyes and unintentionally let out a moan. It felt good. Really good.
I then peppered David's bare chest with little kisses. David reached up, unclasped my bra, and began to remove it. I rolled over so I was lying next to him, my boobs fully exposed. "Damn Mulder," I squeaked out. "You're so..."
He didn't answer. Instead, he simply started sucking on my left nipple. I let out a sigh of pleasure. David was an amazing kisser. Much better than my last boyfriend had been.
"Cut!" Chris yelled out. He gave me and David a sideways look. "You two seemed a little too into that."
David and I glanced sheepishly at each other. But still, I kept my feelings to myself. David and I were best friends. Any romance between us would ruin that. Besides, he probably didn't feel the same way.
Back in my dressing room, I pulled my wig off and took a long, hard look at myself in the mirror. I was Gillian Anderson, not Dana Scully. I couldn't love David. We were friends, and that was it. I'd been searching for the perfect man for quite some time now, I was certain David wasn't him.
I slowly started to take off the bra and underwear and change into my normal clothes, when there was a knock on the door. "Just a sec!" I called out, quickly pulling my white, cotton T shirt over my head before walking across the room to open the door.
David stood on the other side. "Hey Gillian. I was wondering if you were busy tonight?"
"I-um-no," I stuttered out. "I have nothing going on." I wanted to slap myself. Since when had I been nervous in front of David?
David looked around awkwardly. "Do you maybe want to go get dinner together? As friends," he added quickly. Too quickly.
"Oh, um yeah," I said, preoccupied. Going as friends had always just been a given. Had David enjoyed the makeout session just as much as I had? But no. There was no way. "Dinner sounds great."
David nodded. "Cool. Just meet me out front when you're ready." He turned around and walked back down the hall, shutting the door as he went.
I looked at myself in the mirror again. "David is just a friend," I told my reflection. "Nothing more and nothing less." I repeated it over and over again until I finally believed it.