Reader X Marco: Misunderstanding Pt1

Start from the beginning

Again, the prankster thought about retreating for a moment but instantly hardened his resolve at the memory of his suffering sister, she needed him, she needed pops.

"I-It's about (Y/N) pops..." the old man paused at the mention of his one and only daughter and deeply frowned, his beloved, spunky little hellraiser was extremely tough, and there wasn't much that you couldn't take on by yourself or made you upset.

He quickly gripped ahold of his cane and stabbed the deck with it making the boat sway to the side, "what's wrong with my little hellraiser?" He angrily boomed.

Thatch almost lost his balance but quickly pulled himself together to answer the emperor's question, "s-she's..*sigh*..she's really hurt pops, I-It's about Marco's wedding....pops, she's liked Marco for..a long time and now he's suddenly getting hitched to some nobody and she's really....sad"

This made Whitebeard full blown furious, he always knew his little hellraiser took a shine to Marco, and the man himself knew that as well, but to actually do something like that without confronting her first about it was just cruel, he thought she and Marco talked about it first but apparently they didn't.

Whitebeard angrily banged his cane onto the deck again, making it tremble under his power he shouted at the top of his lungs, "GET THAT STUPID SON OF MINE HERE RIGHT NOW!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You woke up feeling sick to your stomach, today was his freaking wedding day, woop dee dang doo, how great was that, now you were even contemplating on faking your own death to uproot that jerk's oh so magical wedding day and turn it into a funeral.

But then that's when it hit you, your prank..an evil smile made way onto your features, he was going to feel your rage, late last night you finally decided on what to do for his wedding, using your heruhaundo no mi powers, you were going to completely crash the wedding looking like a deranged intruder from hell and extravagantly oppose to their marriage, sure it wasn't a prank but...it would surely appease your boiling rage.

You ran out of funny ideas long ago.

Just as you were about to prepare on your own, you noticed something hanging on your door in the mirror and turned around only to freeze in half shock and half mortification.

It was the most beautiful thing you have ever seen in your entire life...but why was it here? Now that was the mystery.

But all positive thoughts soon left you when you found a note with familiar writing on it, 'wear this at the wedding, you're my 'best man' -Marco' okay, now you just wanted to rip the thing to shreds with your powerful jaws and throw it into his face at the wedding but....

Best man..even though you've been ignoring him for the past few weeks..he still thought of you..as...his friend..what have you been doing? He never knew he hurt you, and now you were actually going to ruin his most important day just because of your stupid jealousy.

With a guilt filled sigh you delicately picked the dress up and looked it over with a sad smile, if you weren't going to be his wife...then at least you can continue to be his best friend by doing this one little thing for him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You took in a deep breath, right above the deck was everyone, your old man, all your brothers, and the groom, you still didn't know if it was lucky or not but the bride still didn't show up yet, maybe she changed her mind?...But as much as you wanted that to happen for yourself, for Marco's sake you hoped you were wrong.

Suddenly the door beside you burst open and you almost felt like punching the intruder's faces when you saw their dazed expression, "ACE, IZO, THATCH!! YOU IDIOTS!! YOU GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK!!"

Shaking their heads from their stupor Ace leaped right up at you and shook your shoulders like a magic eight ball, "(Y/N)!! MARCO'S NOT A JERK!!!"

What?....WHAT!?

"What the heck are you talking about?" But before you could possibly even throttle him Izo already shoved you out the door, "AUGH! IZO! LET ME BACK IN THERE RIGHT NOW!!"

Feeling your fangs start to poke out from under your lips and your tail growing out, you angrily pounded on the door quickly losing your restraint, until you realized...

You paused and slowly turned around and felt your tail frizz up in embarrassment, everyone. was. staring. at. you. And also including Marco, this making the ears on your head bend back and you hissed at the pressure, you hated staring from anyone, and you just made a scene in front of everyone.

"Finally, the bride showed up"